93R with only 12 miles For Sale

nmp1

Established Member
Nice car, unfortunately it will probably never be driven.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
As I said on the 93 forum:

Love that cars like this exist, but I don't want it. I want to put a few miles on my cars here and there. You couldn't (shouldn't) do that with this car. This might as well be a painting to hang on the wall.

nmp1

Established Member

Love that cars like this exist, but I don't want it. I want to put a few miles on my cars here and there. You couldn't (shouldn't) do that with this car. This might as well be a painting to hang on the wall.

agreed, this is the definition of owning a car and never experiencing it.

no one will ever drive it for fear of losing tens of thousand and since it hasn't run in 20 years the seals and various pliable parts could be completely shot.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member

I would love to buy that and hang it on my wall.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with this awesome car being likened to an expensive painting hanging on a wall. It will never be driven. It will never even be started up. It will simply sit in someone's collection of other non-driven cars, gazed upon by the proud owner and the few that are allowed to look and admire it. Kind of sad, but the owners of museum cars like this hardly think so. They have a love for cars and an even greater love for wealth and prestige. Which is why this one will never even be started up, for fear of losing tens of thousands of dollars in collectible value (as nmp1 said).

Awesome Cobra, though.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I doublechecked, it is still on MSO....however I wonder why the seller decided to post a copy of the MSO instead of the actual one.

TFStang

Established Member
Wonder what this car is at $90K plus, but the very last 93R, #107 that was recently for sale at a similar (possibly a bit higher) number just sat. One would have to think the last one, which also had no miles on it would be worth a lot more than the rest....

nmp1

Established Member
Ended, didn't meet reserve at $95,000. Not really surprised, the seller didn't seem to keen on letting it go and it probably had some crazy reserve.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Even though the car is what it is, it's crazy to think a fox body mustang is attracting bids that high. I'm glad it's getting respect and all 87-93's have ticked up in recent years, but damn near six figures is cray.

TFStang

Established Member
Not sure I believe someone was actually willing to pay over $90K for that car. Seems very reminiscent of what happened years ago with the 93R's where the market was manipulated by a couple unscrupulous individuals and then it crashed and burned. 93's traded hands in the mid $80's and the crashed to high $30's and in some cases a lot less. I would be very careful if you are serious about buying a 93R with an over inflated price tag. Do your research.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
R's with very low miles are very strong recently. I believe this is the market, and the serious collectors are willing to pay the big money.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That is Mike from Buyfordracing/Diversified Products Marketing. My go-to guy for SVO/Ford Motorsport/FRPP/Ford Racing parts for decades now. Great guy that has always helped me find an obscure or discontinued part when nobody else could find it.

Users who are viewing this thread