'93 Vortech Coupe For Sale...

slingshot

Established Member
Selling my 1993 Reef Blue, Opal Grey interior Coupe. Car is an original 5.0/5 speed, has 103xxx miles, as far as I can tell has all original body panels and paint (looks like trunk lid was painted at some point). Does have 23 years of use, dents and dings. That did not bother me as I was just looking for a solid, rust-free coupe to mod and enjoy for a couple years then paint.

Really wasn't planning on selling this so quick, but... my business has been doing very well this last year and am going to pick up a C7 Corvette (I know, I know--'Dark Side', etc but just go drive a 3LT Z51 with full leather and the A8 automatic, you'll see). That means the Coupe would have to sit outside.
Factory equipped with the usual AC (not working but is all there), PW/PL/PM, GT seats. Has many nice mods--sure I'll forget a lot but here goes:

New Vortech V2 S-trim supercharger, satin finish

Holley Systemax intake--just got freshly powdercoated silver

Lightning 90 mm MAF with Ford 42 lb injectors

Professional Products throttle body--not sure what size

AFR 185 heads with Felpro gaskets and ARP bolts

FMS ceramic coated shorty headers, off road H-pipe, brand new stainless Flowmaster catback--sounds amazing

New SFI balancer

Electric fan--not sure brand

MSD ignition (think its a 6-BTM), Taylor wires

D&D tubular K-member and A-arms, coilovers (not sure which ones), new poly sway bar bushings, Koni red rear shocks, new Maximum Motorsports SuperSport rear spings, Wolfe upper and lower rear control arms

FMS aluminum rear diff cover, new 3.73 gears, Ranger axles and rebuilt Posi with extra clutches, axle tubes welded

Full length subframe connectors

255 lph Walbro in tank and T-Rex inline fuel pumps

Just installed '04 Cobra brakes--new StopTech 13" front/11" rear slotted/drilled rotors, new SVE Cobra front calipers/pads, new rear Cobra calipers, new Maximum Motorsports front and rear braided brake lines, new '93 Cobra emergency brake cable, new '93 Cobra master cylinder and brake booster, new Maximum Motorsports 3-2 conversion kit, Disc-Brakes-R-Us hubcentric adapters, new North Race Cars rear brackets for Fox-length axles, '95 Mustang spindles

Chrome '04 Cobra 17x9 wheels, 'SVT' center caps, new Nitto 275/40R17 Drag Radials, nearly new 245/45R17 front radials, fenders professionally rolled--no rubbing

Just had compression test and leakdown checked before installing blower--stock shortblock passed with flying colors

Car is at Gearhead's Performance being tuned this week--should have numbers in next few days, will tune with stock 3.33" pulley and SCT chip--expecting ~9 lbs of boost and ~400 rwhp, if new owner wants to crank it up with a smaller pulley and lean on it a little to make more that is up to them--I just told Travis to tune it safe and fat with great drivability

It does have a dual gauge A-pillar pod with Autometer Boost and Fuel Pressure gauges

Overall car is a very solid driver that spent the previous 11 years in southern California and the last year in west Texas. It could use some work to complete the things I had planned to do over the next year: PDR and eventually paint, replace center console base and ashtray door--broke like 98% of them... I will include new trim around windows, above window and below--they are faded now. The rear quarter window rubber is in great shape. I know the critics will come out but I'm asking $12,000 (*edit* new price $11,000 and enclosed delivery up to 200 mile radius!)for the car. Not interested in trades (unless you have a '15 or '16 3LT Z51 Corvette!), no brokers/sales services/overseas buyers.
Please respond here if interested or email me at [email protected]

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

Last edited:

slingshot

Established Member
Few things...

To answer some emails and questions I've recieved:

No, I am not a dealer. Just a long time car enthusiast.

Does the car have any rust? Slight surface rust on some underside components--no body or structural rust.

Is the paint perfect? Uh... no. It's a 23 year old car with 103K miles and original paint, it is a driver. It does have dents and dings and the clear coat is 'checking' or 'popping' as is very common in these cars. I am taking it to a PDR shop when it gets back from being dynotuned at Gearheads. It will need paint at some point--if it does not sell in the next month or two I will get a very nice paint job on it and keep it, if I do decide to sell it after that the price will go up.

Will I take a trade? Yes--but only for a 2015-16 Corvette Z51 3LT A8, a Red, White or Blue 2013-14 GT500 or a 2013-14 Porsche 911S with PDK. Obviously with a lot of $$$ thrown in on my end.

Will I finance? Hell no... not even to family members!

I did think of a few things I left off the orig ad:

AFM Powerpipe. Being installed now. Plastic one, on my previous S-trim coupe this gained 20 rwhp...

Caster/camber plates. Not sure of brand but look pretty nicely built.

Ford Racing brake proportioning valve. Mandatory with the '04 Cobra brake conversion...

Brand new Steeda clear 6 piece headlights--will include decent condition originals if you prefer them.

Very nice shape OEM '93 Cobra tail lights. Plan to install them when I get the car back--will include originals too.

Taylor rear battery box with very heavy (welding) cables, brand new battery.

If you prefer I have a nice set of '96 Cobra 17x8 rims that can substitute--not everyone likes chrome.

Thanks for the interest. Keep the questions coming. Am talking with several interested people right now but no $$$ on the table...

Last edited:

slingshot

Established Member
Found a Vette I want, so $500 drop--new price $11,500 and will deliver up to 200 mile radius.

Another price drop: After thinking about it overnight, will take $11,000 and the delivery offer still stands--I am going to continue working on the car so the price will change depending on what I put in it. PDR next week, then will spend a couple weeks detailing the interior, underside and engine compartment...

Last edited:

slingshot

Established Member
Back to the top and an update. As they always say--you slap a power adder on and you'll find your weak spots... after I dropped it off at Gearheads and had a new battery installed, had the MAF relocated to the fenderwell with a AFM Powerpipe and they got it on the dyno it would heat up very quickly under boost. As it turned out the car had an automatic tranny Fox-body radiator on it that was shot.

Travis swapped it out for a brand new Fluidyne radiator and new thermostat, re-installed the stock shroud and installed a new clutch fan (I will still include the MkVIII fan in the sale if you prefer--Travis recommended the clutch fan and said to only go with electric if you needed it and that the factory style was better at this horsepower level. I know this subject has been debated to death on here and elsewhere, but since he was tuning it I went with his recommendation).

With the stock 8-9 lb pulley and a super conservative fat tune with very little timing it made 380 rwhp with great street manners. With a 3.125" or 3" pulley (12+ lbs) and more aggressive tune should easily be able to crank it up to mid 400's. As I am selling it, will let the next owner tune it however they want. I just wanted it safe, docile and still be able to put a huge grin on your face when you stand on it--have no plans to race it.

So, in the end result--car is tuned, has great street manners, does not overheat and I will be picking it up Saturday...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread