93 SHO trade for SVTC?

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Just mainly seeing if there would be any interest. I have a very nice red on gray leather 93 SHO. Current mileage shows 155k but the car has been very well maintained.Each 60k service has been done. Bought from the second owner out of texas last year.HAve a 3 ring binder full of recieots from the first owner and everything was done at the dealership even have the original window sticker. This car drives great and looks great. LAst 6 months I have replaced tires.alternator,battery,starter,CCRM module. Automatic that shifts great also. interior is in great shape too, leather sint destroyed like you fins in these cars.Carpet isnt stained and spoted either. No modifications at all just driven by my wife back and forth to work each day. Love the car just would like to try an SVTC. Wetaher here sucks right now but do have pics when I bought it and it hasnt changed muched at all just has the windows tinted now.

Joe

qwikhuh

Established Member
Having owned both I would never trade a nice solid Gen 2 SHO for an SVTC. The Contour handles better but besides that the SHO was a nicer car in every catagory IMHO. My SHO was a 5 speed which is a lot more fun that the ATX SHO but I still really liked my SHO better.

Stevarino8

Established Member
How do you feel the SVT Focus with the VVT compares to the SHO? Would the SVT Focus rate more or less favorably against the SVT Contour?

qwikhuh

Established Member
How do you feel the SVT Focus with the VVT compares to the SHO? Would the SVT Focus rate more or less favorably against the SVT Contour?

Not really apples to apples to compare a full size 4 door sedan to a compact hatchback. I have never owned an SVT Focus, I have only driven a friends. I can tell you from personal experience my 92 SHO 5 speed was faster than his Focus in a straight line. I was able to keep up with him in corners pretty well but I had a heavily modified suspension, stock for stock the Focus is in another league in handling. Both the focus and contour engines seem buzzy IMHO compared to the smoothless of the SHO engine. The SHO is a maintainence nightmare though so if you are not comfortable working on your own car they are not a good idea.

Stevarino8

Established Member
You are right about the buzzy engine on the SVTF even with a Borla and a center diffuser, it is still buzzy!

I guess I should just flash tune my SVTF and upgrade to a Ford Racing suspension to keep things simple. Then there is always a 3L in the SVTC...

waldo282

Established Member
I have a 99 Contour with 67k on it, black with tan leather no spoiler, just put tires on it last week as well as doing the intake gaskets, plugs and wires. Car is quick use it as my DD when not driving my Shelby. Would consider trade + $ any pics?

Stevarino8

Established Member
There are so many SVT types that have their weekender and a daily driver where the daily is a SVTF but especially so a SVTC.

Let's see, do you have some pictures?

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I will get a few this weekend only ones I have are from when i bought the car. Ic an post those if you want the car cleans up and looks just like when i bought it. Just havnt ahd time to detail after winter cause of work. Drove it the otherday and it sounds like it will need rear strut mounts which i am going to try and repalce this next week just has some clunking on harsh bumps. Just out new front sway bar end links on it the other day.

these are from when i bought it a year ago. Car has tinted windows now and the wheels have faded for some reason. Its the wifes daily so who knows what happened. I have been planning a full weekend detail and reshooting the wheels to give them a new look. car has 157k miles now and has been great to use. After driving it noticed the sunroof button is pushed in which is a common issue and you get some noise fron the door panels cause some of the clips are borken on them. Have new headlights on order cause the ones on it started trapping moisture. Seats are still on great shape and the car runs and drives great. I will get some recent pics over the weekend after I give it a quick wash

JoesPictures271.jpg

JoesPictures253.jpg

JoesPictures252.jpg

JoesPictures272.jpg

JoesPictures255.jpg

JoesPictures256.jpg

JoesPictures261.jpg

JoesPictures263.jpg

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
JoesPictures267.jpg

JoesPictures265.jpg

I will get a pic of the drivers front fender that was scrathced when she had a tire blow out this weekend too. the pics dont show but it has the usual rock chips up front cause of the mileage and has a few dents but nothing major. She gets compliments everywhere she goes in the car cause u dont see them that often that are not trashed.

Stevarino8

Established Member
I have a 99 Contour with 67k on it, black with tan leather no spoiler, just put tires on it last week as well as doing the intake gaskets, plugs and wires. Car is quick use it as my DD when not driving my Shelby. Would consider trade + $ any pics?

Are you looking to sell?

drtaylor17

Established Member
Contour

Would you be willing to sell this vehicle?

Users who are viewing this thread