'93 LX 5.0 Convertible

redbaron93

Established Member
attachment.php

Car - 1993 LX 5.0 convertible, bought in 2005 with 112K miles. Was redone, not restored, in 2009 with 155K miles. Replaced the motor, went thru the suspension, transmission was recently rebuilt (still under warranty). Presently has 193K miles.

Body- Saleen ground effects kit, new trunk lid with spoiler, cloth top, Cyberstallion hood. Paint, Black over Red, I would rate between a 6 or 7, being honest. 1 bad area on back driver's side of hood and driver's side side skirt has slit right below where door meets rear quarter panel.

Drivetrain - 302/340HP Ford crate motor, GT40 Aluminum heads, Explorer intake w/65mm TB, 24lb injectors, chrome oil pan, C&L mass air, BBK shorty headers, new rebuilt auto tranny, 3.73 gears.

Suspension - new rack & pinion, cross drilled/slotted front rotors, Russell braided lines, caster/camber plates, new emergency brake cable, Late Model Resto upper/lower control arms, sub-frame connectors, 16x7 Chrome Ponys(front), 17x9 Chrome Pony 'R'(rear) w/Sumotumo tires. Aluminum rear differential cover.

Interior - '01 Cobra seats, drivers seat obviously has wear, rears cut to fit, Sony Explode head unit, Pioneer & Infinity speakers, ash tray door works, replaced ash tray. Mustang floor mats, new door map pockets. Interior is in great shape, looks almost like new.

I have a folder with most of the receipts from mine & previous owners. Like I said before, it's not a show car, but is a dependable daily driver that gets compliments all the time. I'm just ready for something different, Mustang wise.

New price - $7500, just installed 2 front window motors, rear window motor, underdrive pulleys, door lock actuator and oil temp sending unit, a new top motor, new front(Hawk pads) & rear brakes, Ford 'C' lowering springs, replaced master cylinder & brake booster(both used). Cleaned the the mass air meter, boy what a difference that made!
If interested please email me at [email protected], I'll send pics.

I also have a car cover and some extra parts(small stuff) lying around I'll throw in with the deal. Have over $20K invested in parts, labor and cost of car.

Last edited:

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
good looking car.

AOD might be the part that is killing it.

I had one hell of a time selling a super clean 93 GT with the AOD

good luck with the sale!

btw, I like the Cobra seats!

redbaron93

Established Member
Drove the car down to Ocala, FL for the Silver Springs All Ford Show, averaged about 21mpg. Only hiccup was a blown fuse, believe from a pinched third break light wire

Users who are viewing this thread