93 Lightning Restoration

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
7482F86A-E67F-4008-B904-D3F426C83935.jpeg
A2BA8F33-C1FA-4EFF-9151-2E6616B12062.jpeg
9FDD72AB-AEDF-4CA7-8322-D50089512E04.jpeg
It’s been a long hard road for Ol Girl. She’s been with me through it all.... and Never let me down. This Restore Job was well Deserved and turned out excellent. Just a few more nit picky things to finish up... but she’s done. And looking DAMN GOOD.

Back in 1993 Ford’s SVT
(Special Vehicle Team)Released the Ford F-150 Lightning. The claim was that the Lightning was a Mustang GT with a cargo Bed. The lightning is every bit that and more... Ford only produced a total of 5276 Ford Lightnings in 1993. The production for the first Generation of these trucks lasted until 1995. Less than 15,000 made it through Production in total.

I was in high school at the time and of course unable to afford such a truck. But it was the Vehicle I always wanted. I didnt care about Lamborghinis or Ferraris... this is what I wanted.

In 2004 I was in need of a Truck for everyday use as a daily driver and odds and ends... trips to Lowe’s etc. I found this truck in Michigan and made the deal over the phone... ROAD TRIP. 1 day up and back 8 hours each way... from Southern Delaware to Lansing Michigan.

As time wore on, slowly but surely my Lightning had been weather beaten, used hard and hung up wet as they would say... the exterior was getting rough. Rusted Quarter Panels and Cab Corners... tail gate all dinged to shit... rear tube bumper was nearly rusted completely out... the interior covered in dog hair and in bad need of some rehab.

All and all... It’s very Satisfying to see the transformation for a 26 year old Vehicle that’s truly a Rare and Classic. Whether you’re a Ford enthusiast or not... a car lover or not... I think everyone can appreciate the effort and care put into bringing such a Special part of Automotive History back to life.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Beautiful and the best color!!! Back in 2005, I passed by a white one on the way to college and it never seemed to move. After a couple weeks, I stopped by to inquire about it. Not even knowing the guy, he tosses me the keys and says, "go blow the cobwebs out of it!" I asked if he was sure because we don't even know each other and he said yes, he has insurance... So I took it for a quick 15 min drive and loved it! I really wanted to buy it, but his wife wouldn't let him sell it.

utlong31

Established Member
Very nice. I’m going to get a Gen 1 someday. I’ve been thinking about selling my Roush for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Well written post. The truck looks great, I always had a soft spot for these too.
No more tube bumper?
Any "before" pics?
Yea I got a ton I’m trying to post but shit box SVTP isn’t letting me post them. Says they’re too big. Wtf is this Site running on AOL Dial up??

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
You'll proably have to host them on flickr or something. I have that trouble when trying to load even relatively small .gif files on this website.

BigFatMatt

Ain't never gonna change
Established Member
Very nice truck, yours looks very similar to my '94! Black is definitely my favorite color for these trucks when they are CLEAN.

I'm glad you put the time and effort into restoring it... they are rare trucks and I have only seen a few of them on the road over the years. It's a good time to own one, I believe the prices will climb much in the way we have seen fox prices climb recently.

Users who are viewing this thread