93/E85

termcobra281

Established Member
Hey everyone I was looking into doing a 93/E85 tune on my 03 cobra, I just bought a return fore level 2 kit and was wondering if I would need anything else to switch from 93 to E85 the pumps are good for E85 and I was planning on ID1050x injectors.... would I need any type of flex fuel sensor to do this??

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
You will need to buy jugs to buy E in bulk because you will be using a ton of the stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

termcobra281

Established Member
I know thats right svtdreamin04, what kind of numbers do you put down? my set up is gonna look alot like yours?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I know thats right svtdreamin04, what kind of numbers do you put down? my set up is gonna look alot like yours?

Haven't had it on a Dyno yet. I had 04sleeper tune it, but it should be at or over 700 rwhp according to other members on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curt@injected

Hey everyone I was looking into doing a 93/E85 tune on my 03 cobra, I just bought a return fore level 2 kit and was wondering if I would need anything else to switch from 93 to E85 the pumps are good for E85 and I was planning on ID1050x injectors.... would I need any type of flex fuel sensor to do this??

Just for clarification, are you wanting a flex fuel tune where you can run both fuels or are you just asking what else will be needed to run e85?

GodStang

Established Member
No cams, and yes to run 93 and e85

So there is two ways to do that. One is to drain the tank all the way or close to it and then fill up with the other fuel and then change to tune.

The other is to add a sensor that changes the tune to compensate for what ever the fuel rating the sensor is seeing. Making it Flexfuel more or less.

IF you are doing the top one you are good to go unless you plan to switch pulleys and belts then you need what ever combo there. If you are doing the bottom one then there are other things you need.

Curt@injected

I'm not aware of any way to run flex fuel in a 03 cobra. You would have to drain fuel and swap tunes every time you wanted to swap fuel. It would also most likely require a pulley swap depending on your set up.

termcobra281

Established Member
Yea I think I would just drain the tank and swap the pulley... any nice methods of making draining the tank easier?

MG0h3

Established Member
Just run it as low as you can and then fill up with whatever fuel you are switching to

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Curt@injected

Just run it as low as you can and then fill up with whatever fuel you are switching to

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Gotta be careful with this in a car that is ol wot and the two fuels you are switching between have vastly different stoich ratios. IE 93 pump and e85.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have an extra T in the engine bay with a cap on it, Ive got a separate hose with a ball valve I hook up and can just pump it all into cans (fuel pump just runs with key on)

termcobra281

Established Member
That sounds like a good ideal dsg2003mach1, do ya have any pictures, write ups, or anything on how to do the set up? I kind of have a clue but wanna make sure I am thinking right.. and my car will run on 93 alot for street but I will dip in the e85 when I wanna have a extra kick, I thought if I have excess to e85 I should enjoy the extra power sometimes, I would do a straight e85 tune but its 40 mins from me and also if I wanna take it out far distance and no e85 is available well then ya know I'd be screwed. Gotta keep your options open

Users who are viewing this thread