93 Cobra vs C6 Vette

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
It's a sunny and cold day here in the north Houston suburbs. The temp is in the low thirties which makes for great boost. I decided to take my 93 Cobra(the love of my life) to the gym today. While driving to the gym I was having fun breaking the tires loose in second and third. Not getting too crazy, but just a little blip of the throttle for the quick surge of power. Most of you know exactly what I'm talking about.
I got on a pretty good stretch of straight road and slowly started pushing the gas pedal down to the floor. The tires broke briefly then stuck. I could feel myself lifting off the seat and got that rush feeling in my stomach. Oh yes, she is feeling good today.
After the gym, I left to meet my fiancé for lunch. I turned onto a major thoroughfare and up comes a silver C6 with an older guy driving. The car appeared to be stock, which is a mistake the owner clearly didn't correct. He passed me and started hauling ass. I sped up a little but still not thinking much. I then came up next to him at a stop light. There were two left turn lanes and each of us occupied them, side by side. When the light turned green he took off. I was on the inside so I was able to get back beside him fairly quickly. Once out of the turn and onto the other road, the guy hits it. I was ready for this provocation and immediately threw it into second and gave it the beans. I fishtailed and had zero traction, let off and got back on it and fishtailed again. At this point I just didn't try anymore.
We came up to the next stop light and once again I found myself strategically placed beside him. I thought to myself this older guy surely wasn't going to go again, figuring he had his fun. The light turned green and he bolted off. There were a few cars behind us and I didn't want to look like a dumbass so I let him go and took off like normal.
I kept the vette in sight and he made a quick and somewhat erratic right turn onto another road, which happened to be the same route I was taking. I accelerated to catch him. We came to another stop light and no traffic ahead or on the side. I told myself when he takes off I'm going to stay beside him until he tries to get away, then I'm going to see what's what. I've never ran this car against anything before so I have no comparison to go by to have an idea of how she runs. But with my earlier drive to the gym, confidence was high as long as I could get traction.
The light turned green and he jumped off the line rather quickly. Old school wanted a shot at the title. I quickly shifted into second and went for it. It spun, so I pedaled it a bit, which allowed the vette to jump out on me maybe a car length. I got back in it and the tires stuck. I slingshot around that turd and went for third. Third gear whisked me away with a fury. I was surprised how hard my car pulled and I knew that vette didn't have a chance. I probably put 4 lengths or so on him before he appeared to give up.
My 93 Cobra is far from stock and the vette appeared far from modified, but I don't care. All is fair in love and war.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish we were anywhere near 30 degrees here....ugh...

Love those fox body Cobras - be careful on those cold roads!
It's hard for me to relate when I read posts about last drives of the season and putting the car away for the winter. But while you're enjoying mild summer days mine stay in the garage because it's too hot to enjoy them.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
10/10 for the awesome story telling skills. Would recommend to a friend or colleague

I'm too lazy to dig around for whats done to your 93. Care to elaborate?

Nice kill though. Would have loved to see his face. Especially after he (probably) thought the first couple runs shut you out.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
No one here is asking the right and only question that matters. What did you hit at the gym bro?!! Legs? Back & Bi? Shoulders & Traps??!
Lol. Awesome. I don't actually remember what I worked, but every day is arms day. No I don't skip leg day ha

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
10/10 for the awesome story telling skills. Would recommend to a friend or colleague

I'm too lazy to dig around for whats done to your 93. Care to elaborate?
Sorry for the late response, I missed your post. It has a 347 stroker with a 2.1 KB Blowzilla and meth injection. It's street tuned so no dyno numbers, but I will be getting it dynoed when I have the time.

Nice kill though. Would have loved to see his face. Especially after he (probably) thought the first couple runs shut you out.

Good kill. Only 93 Cobra I ever see is a red one at Orlando Speedway
Love the red ones as much as black

Users who are viewing this thread