93 Cobra tailpipes

CTMach4.6

Established Member
Hi, I have a question reguarding which catback to use on my teal 93 Cobra #2105 I recently bought. I am looking to put a Flowmaster catback on to replace the no name aftermarket that is on there. I asked a few people and never got a straight answer as to use a fox body kit or a SN95 to get the right stainless tip angle. I am aware the Cobras used a specific catback not a LX to clear the bumper. So what are you guys runnin...? Thanks.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I used a flowmaster cat back for an LX, and either bent the rear hangers down or welded a few inches onto the hanger, sorry I can't remember and the car is in storage right now.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I used the flowmaster cat back for lx/cobra. Pretty sure they're the same. The rear hangars I believe are the difference to my knowledge. I installed it myself, but took it to a muffler shop some time after to have hi flow cats welded on. They adjusted the rear pipes a little for me and welded the rear hangars. They fit, but I am OCD and wanted them moved just a little.

psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member
Only difference is the hangers..two choices, either purchase the longer rubber hangers or extend the steel hangers

Users who are viewing this thread