93 Cobra Overhaul

TPowell88

Hello,
I recently purchased a 93 Cobra. Has been driven, and could use some attention. Car is black with gray interior. Majority of the body is in great condition, no orange peal. I believe the car has been painted before. The front bumper is damaged around on the of fog lights. Not worth fixing, I will be replacing the bumper. This brings me to the question... Where is the best place to get replacement parts? Do I get a GT bumper and install my insert? Try to find factory front bumper or are the reproductions ok to use. The car is no where near 100% original, having upgraded suspension, exhaust, minor engine upgrades. With that being said the car will never be 100% and not driven. I am just trying to repair the best I can without going broke in the process. I plan on having the car repainted and replace minor interior pieces and replace weather seals etc.. Thank you for your help! opinions appreciated

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I'm in the same boat with my '93 Teal Cobra. I have been buying/replacing misc parts and as it has been sitting for the past few years, I am planning on reigniting that desire to get it going within next month. LateModel has been my go to source. My front bumper has cracked the "fins" in the center inlet and I'm going to look to get them plastic-welded back so I don't have to replace the original bumper. I will be gutting the entire interior as one of the previous owners converted the Opel Grey to black with some crappy GT seats. I have purchased an almost complete Opel Grey interior minus headliner and carpet. Ready to gut this thing and find out what the body looks like.
I will also be replacing the full exhaust as it has several leaks and patches from headers to mufflers and it's in pretty bad shape....bent and rusting.

TPowell88

My front bumper is cracked pretty bad around one of the fog lights, and the clear coat is cracked all over the bumper. I am going to replace it, but want to use a decent replacement and not the cheapest one out there. Ill keep the stock bumper for whatever reason lol. I plan on stripping the car down over the winter and hopefully having it back on the road by the beginning of summer. I will be taking pictures and such so I will share the progress.

Users who are viewing this thread