93 Cobra Ebay ad.

98RICKSTANG

Banned
91lxcoupe said:
I don't mind the market value of the "regular 5.0's" b/c I'm one of the "stupid" ones and Daryl (cobra186) is the "clown". I paid $6800 (was asking $7500) for an automatic LX w/ 76k miles on it a couple years back from him. I thought it was a hell of a buy.
My friend and I drove from Louisiana to Cleveland, OH in two days round trip to buy a LX coupe w/ 26k miles on it for $11,000 a few months back.
Clean, low milage LX coupes are more rare than 93 cobras. I had a guy offer $10k for my car. They've all been hacked up for drag cars (light weight and structurely strong) or they were SSP cars which make them rare. Speaking of, try pricing a SSP car restored.
So just because a person is willing to pay a price for a "regular 5.0" , I don't think they're "stupid".
i'm the guy that bought that coupe with 26k miles, its buy far my best purchase ever made.ive had offers of 15k and more for it and turned them down.

98RICKSTANG

Banned
buddha93 said:
Bingo. Just saved me some typing.

so its stupid to pay 10k for a clean lx but its ok to spend 30k for a modded and ragged out 03 04 cobra.or even 15to20k for a high milage 93cobra.even know that a lx coupe would out run a cobra anyway

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
LOL! Relax 98Rick. You need to read the whole post. Your buy is the exception. That car is worth exactly what you paid for it, probably more. I wouldn't give you 15k for it though! ;-)

The types of cars/buys I'm talking about are 5.0's with 100k on the odometer and the seller wants $8000 for it just because it has gears and a catback. Like I said before, I paid $7600 for my 5.0 with less that 20k on the odometer with a factory warranty intact. So maybe now you understand why maybe I was little harsh in my post, calling buyers "stupid", and sellers "clowns". But thats just the market and whether I agree with it or not, that's just the way it is. :rollseyes

So you can anyone tell me why people think that these cars a apprectaiting, and not depreciating? C'mon, I mean give me a break. Hell, they made over 200k in 88 and 89, half being 4 cylinders. Is there some sort of shortage of 5.0 Mustangs? I think not. What there is a shortage of is CLEAN cars that some 17 year old kid hasn't gotten ahold of and trashed mechanically and cosmetically.

I think the market is starting leveling out a little for a used Fox body car. The high demand cars, such as the coupe and the Cobra are going to always command the premium price, even though there are even lesser built cars, such as the Canary Yellow Special Edition convertibles. My buddy has one with black leather and a 5 speed......they only made 1503 that year and 452 had a 5 speed. The bitch is, the demand is for Cobras and coupes even though there were more made, especially the coupes. Besides not many people can do a yellow car, myself included.

Ok, I'm done defending what I said, and I'm done with my short story. So flame on! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

98RICKSTANG

Banned
sorry didnt mean to flame on you, just some cobra people think their car are better than a old lx coupe.but one thing for sure is that clean cobras or lx coupes are becomming few and far between.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
98RICKSTANG said:
sorry didnt mean to flame on you, just some cobe people think their car are better than a old lx coupe.but one thing for sure is that clean cobras or lx coupes are becomming few and far between.

You didn't hurt my feelings any. I knew what you were gettng at. If I had room in my garage for another Fox Mustang, it would be a coupe in either black or Titanium Frost.......5 speed of course! :beer:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I love the 5.0 lx coupes

Not to change the subject, but does anyone have the yearly production #s for 5.0 lx coupes?

JKD

Banned
Captain Beyond said:
Not to change the subject, but does anyone have the yearly production #s for 5.0 lx coupes?

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. And they are all on Pro Stars and Weld wheels with white unpainted hoods.

shiz302

TOML
Established Member
98RICKSTANG said:
i'm the guy that bought that coupe with 26k miles, its buy far my best purchase ever made.ive had offers of 15k and more for it and turned them down.

Do you have any pics of the coupe to increase my jealousy. :rockon:

Nevermind I search and found em. Sweet ride! Was it listed online?

Last edited:

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
shiz302 said:
Do you have any pics of the coupe to increase my jealousy. :rockon:

Nevermind I search and found em. Sweet ride! Was it listed online?
Car was listed on autotrader.com and we drove non-stop there and back to get it. 35 hours of driving and 2200 miles in about 42 hours :eek: .

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
91lxcoupe said:
Like your friend w/ the silver coupe that was "suppose" to stay stock :banana: .

Yeah, I remember something about that when you picked her up :poke:

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
cobra186 said:
Yeah, I remember something about that when you picked her up :poke:
What can I say :-D .
Daryl, I'm coming to San Antonio w/ the coupe in about 12 hours if ya want to meet up down there and I'll buy ya lunch, bring the 00R if you do :beer: . My appointment is Friday at 10am.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
91lxcoupe said:
What can I say :-D .
Daryl, I'm coming to San Antonio w/ the coupe in about 12 hours if ya want to meet up down there and I'll buy ya lunch, bring the 00R if you do :beer: . My appointment is Friday at 10am.

Wish I could :( I am covered up right now. After you leave Murillos just make a short 2hr detour to Temple, I will be at the shop all day. Hope you take a thick warm jacket... it was in the 80's today but Friday's high is 40 and will be dropping to the 20's by afternoon w/a 25-30mph north artic winds. :cuss:

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
I'm back after driving straight there and back by myself in 30 hours. I'm pretty tired. The coupe done 493rwhp and 468rwtq. Thats only 15 degrees of total timing and belt slip at 5700. He burnt me a race tune w/ aggressive timing, or should I call it a "split block tune".
BTW, I slept in the back of my supercrew, its quite comfy might I add. Anyways, I fell asleep w/ the a/c on and when I woke up it was like 36 or something and I was freezing my nuts off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread