93 Cobra Differences

GEMELLI

I want a Cobra R!
Established Member
I'm glad someone else knows about the 9 EY code non-clearcoat Cobras. Ford called the ES code Rio red, like the 1994 Cobras. They called the EY code Vibrant red, which, I believe is the same color as ES, but without clearcoat. This info comes from Powerered By SVT by Jim Campisano. I actually joined this forum to find one of these 9 cars. Preferably 1 of the 2 with cloth interiors. I Figured I'd better do a search before I asked about them. That's how I found this thread. (Great thread, btw!) Does anyone know where any of these cars are?

GEMELLI

I want a Cobra R!
Established Member
Holy crap! Did you all hear that or should I say it one more time? Apparently it posted the first time.

Last edited:

asperformance

Banned
As far as I know all the 9 cars were destroyed. I have heard rumors of the 140 something car being 1 of the 9. But I also asked him to send me a pic of the door tag with the color code and I never got any response. He then relisted it with the right color. The 9 where pre production cars. The only pre production car I have seen was 18 it was a teal car. Maybe someone can provide a picture of 1 of the 9 and we can see if their are actually any left. It is like the 85 G.T, Ford built 11 with 351's in them. But took them all out back and ran them over with a dozer. I actually saw pictures of that years ago. hopefully 1 of the 9 got into the general public.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
asperformance, read post #57 to see the requirements of these 9 cars. As per these requirements #140 something could not be 1 of the 9, but It seems #19 & #14 are 2 of the 9 and did go to the public.

Last edited:

Speedfreek

Established Member
#14 was one of the 9 as well he did send me a picture of the door tag if I can find it I will post it. But I do know it was released to the public and not destroyed.

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I have personally seen one of the 9 cars here in Detroit and passed up buying it back in 94. It was used in salt spray testing and I wouldn't want to own it now based on how much everything was rusting when I saw it.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
I have personally seen one of the 9 cars here in Detroit and passed up buying it back in 94. It was used in salt spray testing and I wouldn't want to own it now based on how much everything was rusting when I saw it.

Thats just wrong !

PJM99

Established Member
Got this from another post. Good info for those doing restos.

19COBRA93 said:
Here you go. Let me know if you need any other Ford numbers:

Oil filter: FL-1-A
Spark Plugs: SP-447
PCV Valve: EV-98-B
Valve grommet: F7CZ-6A892-AA
Valve screen: FA-1068
Fuel filter: FG-800-A
Plug wires: WR-4017-C
Air filter: FA-1042

These are all Motorcraft, and fairly common. Asside from the Spark plugs, nothing is Cobra specific. And even the plugs fit other models/years.

MR. STALLION

Established Member
anyone know if there are any special plates on them?

Like how Roush and Saleen have a little plaque under the hood or in the interior. Did the 93 cobra have any plaques?

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
MR. STALLION said:
anyone know if there are any special plates on them?

Like how Roush and Saleen have a little plaque under the hood or in the interior. Did the 93 cobra have any plaques?

No special plates but the body tag attached to the radiator support does have the word "COBRA" stamped into it along with the last numbers of the VIN and other info like paint and interior codes.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
85GTVince said:
1993 Cobra Wheel Specs:
RH: F3ZZ-1007-A
LH: F3ZZ-1007-B
Offset = 1.61" or 40.9mm
Backspace = 5.36"
Bolt Pattern = 4 X 4.25"
Just wanted to make sure this info got on this thread for others to use.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
A friend is looking at buying a teal 93 and it is a cobra but one thing is weird about the interior: It has the old style dome light and has the little weiner map light between the sunvisors like the 91 and older mustangs. It has grey cloth with power seat option.

Anyone give tech on the interior?

tommygun

Established Member
is there a break down of how many were sunroof cars

specifically teal with black cloth with sunroof.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread