93 Cobra Coyote Clone 1 of 1 6R80 Select a shift conversion

rdsnk46

Established Member
It is progress for sure! My prior best MPH was 146 in mine shaft air, considering the conditions were pretty bad between the track barely hooking and the heat I was very happy. I'm gonna try to get Jon to send me a full timing (21*) and 7500 rpm shift points. Then I'm going to go to the track early and let the car cool down. I'll wait for the track crew to prep the track and then try to make a hail Mary pass in the heat. Should net me a best ET and MPH.

rdsnk46

Established Member
This was the first pass and left of idle

IMG_20160401_204052615_zps4sxg8qmg.jpg

rdsnk46

Established Member
This was the second pass I stalled it to 2K rpm and shaved half a tenth off the 60'. Normal 60' is 1.50-1.45 with the 3.73's now running 3.08's

IMG_20160402_160509483_zpsgngnwhkh.jpg

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
Picked up a mph and 1/2 a tenth just getting the motor up a little on the stall.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I did the car went 9.80 @ 145mph back to back in 85* heat with no cool down. The tune up was a mild 17* of timing and 7100 RPM shifts.

We swapped the gears from 3.73's to 3.08's to try and keep the car from spinning in the 1-2 2-3 shifts. It slowed the 60' down slightly but the power is down from the lowered timing and the shift point is down to try and make a clean pass.
My friend Scott is running 3.55s and he might drop down to 3.31s, as his new power should improve on the 9.40s he's running with his coyote/6R/TVS '11 GT
The shift points on the tunes seems like a challenge.
Good luck, keep us posted.
-J

rdsnk46

Established Member
Thanks Bimini! The track has really been the biggest hurdle as they cut Test and Tune from Wednesday and Friday to just Friday now. The only day the track is open is Friday and there are a ton of street cars tearing the track apart...

Last edited:

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
You should get with Jake at pbh and let's get a track day put together in Orlando. We met him there on a Sunday and had a blast. i bet he would be up for it.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Yeah, PBIR just needs to step up the game...Jake and I have been street racing for years! I dont mind going to Orlando or Bradenton but its a shame they are letting our local track here go to shit.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
It's bad when I hear about bad your track is all the way up here in South Ga. You are right it is a shame! Jake did allot of work on a car for me and we just need to get back together to test so i am game, and he has already said he would go, so let's try to get a date, I would love to see your car and what better way to do it.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Beautiful car, amazing you've had it for this long and it hasn't sold. I noticed in your original post you said Steve from Thunder was part of the build. Do you remember Darrel Peterson? Used to race and Steve was his sponsor/mechanic?

rdsnk46

Established Member
Beautiful car, amazing you've had it for this long and it hasn't sold. I noticed in your original post you said Steve from Thunder was part of the build. Do you remember Darrel Peterson? Used to race and Steve was his sponsor/mechanic?
Of course, I spoke with Darrel "G-Money" Peterson the other day.

green6215

Established Member
Super nice car. Can I ask you a question? I'm in the middle of doing a 91 coupe with the 6r80 and curious what you had to do to the tunnel to get your drive line angle when you said you reworked it. I'm using the stifflers cross member. Thanks for any info you might have to offer.

Myfast70

Established Member
Super nice car. Can I ask you a question? I'm in the middle of doing a 91 coupe with the 6r80 and curious what you had to do to the tunnel to get your drive line angle when you said you reworked it. I'm using the stifflers cross member. Thanks for any info you might have to offer.

Haha, I was going to ask the same thing going thru this post.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
I keep coming back to this car every few months, even though I'm happy with my 11' Aluminator car. Can't believe this hasn't sold.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Car went 9.60@146 tonight. Make offer, perspective buyer got to see the car run at the track tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread