'93 Cobra CD option

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Dang, I just forgot. I'm about to have a kid! Can (or should) a kid ride in the back seat with the windows down?
Only if they like a face full of wind all the time. In other words, NO. :D

My First Child owners manual is in the mail.
That was the first thing I asked the nurses for when my oldest was born. "Where's the owner's manual?" They all got a kick out of it, of course. I even mentioned warranty stuff... :lol:

is it possible to replace the display glass on these?
I think you have to replace the whole faceplate. You might try polishing it with some plastic polish.

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
I think you have to replace the whole faceplate. You might try polishing it with some plastic polish.

hehe um its not blurry. its more like cracked :bash: . i ahh might have had a temper tantrum one day in rush hour traffic :kaboom: :nonono:

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
It would have been a lot cooler to say it got cracked during *ahem* extra curricular activities *cough* :lol:

:lol:
funny, now that you mention it. this car is the only car that ive owned that i HAVENT had extra curricular activities in :nono: :nonono: this will not do!

...honey...lets go for a ride and :poke: :D

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Guys I know you all are interested in keeping your Cobra's stock in appearance, but I took the Tape and CD combo that was optioned in the mustang from 94-99 and put them in my 88. If the interior was not out of it right now I would post a pic and show you guys. I have the best of both worlds. Good ole tapes when I have them, and any CD's with the CD player that was made by Sony. I got a CD player from a junkyard for $100 and got the tape player from a buddies Ranger that was totaled. The only other piece needed is the jumper wires that go from the tape player to the CD player. I think all 94 digital control tape players came with the separate plug to control the CD player. The only quam I have with it is that the CD players lense cover is blue and the tape player is green. The green matches the rest of the dash. The blue is obvious but it is not so out of place.

I am a biiiig fan of trying to use Ford OEM parts to make my car look factory. Kind of like a one off production Mustang. :D

To make it work all I had to do is trim the U shaped support so the CD player would go all the way in. That was the only fabrication I had to do.

Last edited:

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Guys, I took some pics of the modified brace and some pics of the Tape and CD players sitting like they would in the brace and kind of like they would be sitting in the car. To me this was a no brainer because the CD player is a better quality unit than the single units. Although I have read and talked to guys that work on these CD and tape units for a living and they said that anything 95 and later is tons better in quality. The 93-94 single units skip like mad and have the aforementioned problems. The later units have better electronics and are better resistant to shocks and bumps.

The pics are in my gallery at the corral.

Here's the link.

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=18510

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Fine work there, Bob. I'll prob. end up keeping mine stock unless someone gives me a CD - I've got widened rear wheels (replica or custom) and a wideband on my "wants" list right now...

Speedfreek

Established Member
I read in my audio guide that is with my car that a cass&cd like in the 94 up could be ordered as an option on the 93's. But I have never saw or heard of one.

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
I hope to have the front cabin done in my 88 before the end of January. I'll post pics of the stereo in the car. It looks as if Ford made it with that in mind.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
You have to be careful about factory manuals/brochures and the like. That stuff is done months in advance of the finished product, and sometimes things get changed in the last minute.

Prime example - the "Super Sound" system all 93 Cobras were supposed to get and was listed in the brochure (included a subwoofer). Found yours yet? :D

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Yeah, they threw that out the window because of safety. The subwoofer came loose in crash testing if I remember correctly. Although, that is where you store the sunroof and or T -tops of these cars.

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
I cannot say how true it is because I don't remember the source of that info. I just remember it from somewhere. The cost and safety were concerns from what I can dig out of my grey matter. As we all know, those go hand in hand. Cost and safety.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
I think that looks great. I would love to do that to my coupe (its all stock interior) but I'll keep the ole stock radio for now as I don't even own a cd :-D .

Users who are viewing this thread