93 cobra, attempted theft

ninee3cobra

#2088 Snake
Established Member
Can someone direct me to a good trusted body shop in Houston, Tx. I have my 93 cobra at my parents house, meanwhile I get back on my feet and once again have my car in a garage. Well, sometime in the past 3 weeks some @$$hole(s) tried stealing my wing, denting my hatch and cracking my wing, and paint during the process. Lucky enough they were not succesful. Here are some pictures for some reference.

This is my hatch which is dented in 3 different locations, you can barely see in pic.

myhatch.jpg

Now my wing

mywing2.jpg

mywing3.jpg

In this one you can see where they stuck a screw driver or something

mywing.jpg

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Definitely not a pro, sucks big time man.

Yeah that sucks. A pro/mustang thief would have known that on a fox hatch it takes 2 seconds to pop out the lock cylinder. Then they could have opened the hatch and just unbolted the spoiler.

The hatch is double walled where they dented it. The only way to fix that is to drill holes or just slap on a thick layer of body filller that will eventually crack out.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
the hatch is double walled where they dented it. The only way to fix that is to drill holes or just slap on a thick layer of body filller that will eventually crack out.

I wouldnt drill holes or fill a dent that deep with filler. Use a stud gun or one of the machines like Maxi-dent-fix makes that does the same thing without the studs. most all good shops have one or both. I have had a H&S stud gun since back around 1990.
0502cr_03th+1964_Chevrolet+Quarter_Panel_View_Stud_Gun.jpg

DFX-DF505.jpg

Last edited:

asusmilinbob

Established Member
There's a hatch w/ wing oem on evilbay right now...starting bid is 475 in florida (I think). Hopefully you can get yours fixed. Best of luck (the would be thief sucks).

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
there was a spoiler on Houston craigslist lastweek , check, it may still be there.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
I believe alot of guys on LS1tech like Richey Collision. Might want to give them a call.

Users who are viewing this thread