90 in a 60 in NC

SAC Man

Established Member
Pay an atty

My friend (not me because I NEVER speed), just paid just under $500 for an atty to knock down 25 over to "improper equipment." No points, no court appearance, all fees, court costs, and fines covered with that fee.

Posts and likes are not mine.
I always speed, usually posted +9. If I get pulled over I will tell the officer what I felt I was going and not give them any crap. On occasion I will tell them I wasn't paying attention to my speed. Thee has been a few times when I drive by a LEO parked on the median and I see him pull onto the road that I pull to the side of the road and wait for him. No tickets in years.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I hired an attorney who has moved the court date from December to April. His expected outcome is that he'll get the DA to drop the speeding charge, which would result in an automatic license suspension, if I plead guilty to Careless and Reckless driving, which carries no license suspension. Not the best outcome, but from what I understand, this will result in a fine and four points on my Georgia license. Some sort of driver improvement course should be able to get some of the points dropped.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I hired an attorney who has moved the court date from December to April. His expected outcome is that he'll get the DA to drop the speeding charge, which would result in an automatic license suspension, if I plead guilty to Careless and Reckless driving, which carries no license suspension. Not the best outcome, but from what I understand, this will result in a fine and four points on my Georgia license. Some sort of driver improvement course should be able to get some of the points dropped.

Find a new lawyer? lol

that sucks

SAC Man

Established Member
My first born took the course to get his fine cut in half, $400 down to $200. At the end the class took a survey of some kind. As a result the instructor recommended my son seek employment with NASCAR. I thought this was so funny the tears ran down my leg.

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
Yep, got nailed doing 90 in a 60 in NC. I went online to pay the ticket and found out that I have a mandatory court appearance. Within a week after receiving the ticket, I was bombarded with mailed advertisements from attorneys in the area stating they can get me out of the ticket or get the fine/points reduced without me showing up in court for a "small" fee. Yeah right.

Two questions:
1. What do I say when I appear in court...appeal to the judge to pay the fine if no points are added?
2. How is it legal for my alledged offense to be released to the public for attorneys to find and then solicit me?

SAC Man

Established Member
RE ticket appearing in the paper is a matter of public information. It falls into the same category as real estate transfers and police calls. You may not have such articles where you live. The lawyer, a.k.a. ambulance chasers see this as a golden opportunity for someone from out of town who doesn't know the system or anyone to help him. Growing up I sure wished my tickets didn't appear in the paper so my parents wouldn't find out. Oh, well...……..

Users who are viewing this thread