'9 or '12 shelby?

Abdulaziz121

I own 2012 Shelby with SVTPP and glass roof , with 53K mi , the car has only full bolt-ons, my friend offered me a 2009 Shelby 31K mi and it has new short block from MMR and 3.6 Kenne Bell LC his rebuild has only 1200 miles , he use his car for cruising only not for drag racing.

Do you think guys is it a good deal to trade for?

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
Is it because you don't want to pay to mod yours? If it were me I personally wouldn't only thing id move into would be a 13/14 which is pointless because id just thrown on a 5.8 bottom end and go.

If you like the 09 and its making good power ect then go for it.

Abdulaziz121

Is it because you don't want to pay to mod yours? If it were me I personally wouldn't only thing id move into would be a 13/14 which is pointless because id just thrown on a 5.8 bottom end and go.

If you like the 09 and its making good power ect then go for it.

The car is awesome and it has Super snake bodykit and other mods and it's make 750++ on 95 octane ( in middle east ) , so I'm really thinking about it

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Because everyone wants a glass roof Recaro car.
Everyone.
:)
-J
Breakfast_run_10-22-2013_007.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I get that you'd like opinions, but in the end YOU have to make a choice as to what YOU want to do, and like with that choice.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I own 2012 Shelby with SVTPP and glass roof , with 53K mi , the car has only full bolt-ons, my friend offered me a 2009 Shelby 31K mi and it has new short block from MMR and 3.6 Kenne Bell LC his rebuild has only 1200 miles , he use his car for cruising only not for drag racing.

Do you think guys is it a good deal to trade for?

no

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Keep the 12. Upgrade the rods, balance the rotating assembly, ARP stud the crank caps, ARP head studs. Upgrade the blower and enjoy safe hp to about 1000 rwhp.

The 2012 is just a better car. 07-09 GT500s are amazing can have insane power, but the 11-14 cars are just a little bit more refined.

Luviathan_5.0

Established Member
Personally I would hold onto the 2012 and build it the way I want it. I bought my '16 GT completely stock and over the last 18 months I bought and installed all her mods myself, building her exactly how I wanted to. As a result she's more valuable to me than any GT500.
By putting the money and work into it yourself you'll have a "one-off" car that has its own unique character and that you built a relationship with. These are qualities that you can't get by buying an already built car. Ya it might take longer and it'll be more work, but you'll have a sense of pride knowing that you built it

Sent from my Z981 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread