9.59@142 Foot Braking 97 GT Cobra Swap

svtshawn82

Established Member
Well I made it to the track this past Saturday and got my new personal best. It went a 9.59@142, and I was surprised with the 1.32 60' foot braking the car. But long story short, showed up at the track and my transbrake would not work... Just my luck lol. But I am overall happy with the car and hoping to squeeze a little more out of it using the transbrake.

97 GT
Stock 03 Cobra Motor
3.4 Whipple W/Crusher inlet
Full Suspension
MT 275 radial pros
PA C-4
Frank Lupos Converter

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Congrats on the PB :beer: Setting up a radial car is time consuming, but worth it in the end. With the Whipple/DR combo you may be just as quick off idle. I'd say your sweet spot will be between 2000-2500 on a good track.

svtshawn82

Established Member
Congrats on the PB :beer: Setting up a radial car is time consuming, but worth it in the end. With the Whipple/DR combo you may be just as quick off idle. I'd say your sweet spot will be between 2000-2500 on a good track.

Thanks man!! That pass was my best 60' of the day also and was leaving at 2800... Anything higher would unload the suspension too much and it would blow the tires off. Anything less than 2800 the best I saw was a 1.34. But like you said on a good track it might be different. Hopefully I will be headed to MIR soon to see what it will do, but hope to have the brake working by then...

BMR Tech

Awesome.

I have been thinking about swapping my set-up from my '04 Cobra, into a lighter car.....with a SRA and an Auto. Right now, it's stuck in the very low 10's at 142 with the T56, IRS --- 1.7 sixties. I cannot force myself to roll the fenders and launch the car hard....for some reason.

Keep us updated!

svtshawn82

Established Member
Awesome.

I have been thinking about swapping my set-up from my '04 Cobra, into a lighter car.....with a SRA and an Auto. Right now, it's stuck in the very low 10's at 142 with the T56, IRS --- 1.7 sixties. I cannot force myself to roll the fenders and launch the car hard....for some reason.

Keep us updated!

Thanks!

Well I was supposed to go to MIR on Friday for a rental day. But it looks like rain :fm:. Just got a boost leak fixed and some other issues I had the last time I ran.

Users who are viewing this thread