9/10 mpg really?

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
Ok so I'm only getting 9/10 mpgs according to my car? Mods are whipple 2.9, 72s, bap, mafia , Cai blah blah blah.. u guys getting similar mpgs ?

JTStreet

SID297 Approved
Established Member
That's about what I'm getting in my 08. Kenne Bell 2.8H, built motor, etc. That's if I stay out of it. If I do a couple hard pulls, it quickly drops to 6 MPG. On the highway, I see around 16.5.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
For some crazy reason I'm seeing 7.8 in the city...

Wonder if it has to do with it being 112 degrees outside.... Hmmm

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I don't even look to be honest. Most times when I go out I make sure its close to full. This way when I get home I have about 1/4 tank left....

And for the record- I drive it once per week! No regrets though:burnout:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Wow you take the time to notice the gas mileage. I just look for the Tiger to go in the tank and chase him to the engine lol. I don't think many that drive the car spirited really care about the gas mileage. Worrying more about the guy in the car with blue lights lol. I did see my car get 16mpg around town one day and I had to get the old lady from behind the wheel because I never heard the SC all day lol

bull3441

Established Member
my worst was 6.9mpg for a tank. i try to get 200 miles out of a tank. i drive mine every day and have a 90 mile round trip ride to work. the TVS goes on Sat i can only imagine my mpg.

johnjon87

Established Member
Im getting 13-16 on the highway and 12 around town and thats with a break in tune I think it has alot to do with who's tuned it.. I've driven it for 2300 miles since last month where they put in the new block ! Ill let you know when we get the new tune on what I get then

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Anyone serious about watching their mpg, and keeping notes of there experiences with it need to take a look at Fuelly.com

Check out my Shelby fuelly page

You can hover over the notes icon and see what I did with the car to get that mpg. I have 42 fill ups logged so far.

Last edited:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
A related and interesting tidbit: Screw blowers will typically produce worse mileage (in casual driving) than roots blowers, even at the same power level. A key reason for this is that the screw blower is always compressing air within its case, even at idle and with the bypass valve open. The roots blower just moves air, it doesnt compress it except when it 'stacks up' in the lower manifold. Therefore, when the bypass is open, roots compressors are cooler and less parasitic.

johnjon87

Established Member
IMO I could careless what gas mileage I get if I wanted something good on gas I wouldnt have the car anymore.. I would go get an electric car.. its the price you pay if you want the cars we like.. my daily driver is an srt8 jeep which gets 10mpg as well so Im at the pump like 4 times a week lol to me the fun of owning my cars are greater then worrying about what Im paying at the pump but I understand that alot of people these days cant afford it.. Idk how that retard is still in the white house when were paying 60$ to fill up a 15 gallon tank!

Blaine

Established Member
IMO I could careless what gas mileage I get if I wanted something good on gas I wouldnt have the car anymore.. I would go get an electric car.. its the price you pay if you want the cars we like.. my daily driver is an srt8 jeep which gets 10mpg as well so Im at the pump like 4 times a week lol to me the fun of owning my cars are greater then worrying about what Im paying at the pump but I understand that alot of people these days cant afford it.. Idk how that retard is still in the white house when were paying 60$ to fill up a 15 gallon tank!

I have a hybrid for my daily driver. What I save in gas a month it pays for a lot of car mods!!! 40 MPG can be fun... kinda. I smile when I don't go to the pump. :coolman:

You might want to invest in an efficient daily driver... you'll think twice about in a year or two when fuel hits the 6 dollar+ mark. Yes it will be there soon esp. if BAMA stays in another term. But if you don't commute more than 20 miles per day... gas prices don't matter much either way.

The new HP war may just be who can make the MOST Power while getting the most MPG. See the new Hybrid Porsche with 500 HP.

Users who are viewing this thread