8k rpm vintage mustangs

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
There was a guy on here years ago that had a classic coupe with a 289/302 that was pushing close to 8k rpm. He did pretty well on the street against some decent cars IIRC.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a great video. Yeah, the music those motors were playing was mesmerizing. That '69 was a torque beast!
upload_2021-5-23_8-17-15.png

mustangbrad

Established Member
This is exactly why I think it is so silly to transplant coyotes in vintage Mustangs. I’m not knocking the coyote, just saying I fail to see the logic behind the work/money required for this swap especially when the Windsor and Cleveland engine platforms are so capable and already fit!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Used to love seeing Vic Edelbrock's daughters Camee, Christy at the vintage races! They both run 66' GT350s the sound is great!

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I don't know, an 8000 RPM big block sounds pretty awesome.
Better yet, an 8K RPM Boss9 :)

Disregard the 302 badges on the fender, lol.
Never got a clean pull out of it, but it made 750+ before it would roast the tires on the dyno and things would get real wavy, but it pulled to the moon!
Supposedly the motor previously made 850 or so on the engine dyno before he stuck it in this Mustang. Beast.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Better yet, an 8K RPM Boss9 :)

Disregard the 302 badges on the fender, lol.
Never got a clean pull out of it, but it made 750+ before it would roast the tires on the dyno and things would get real wavy, but it pulled to the moon!
Supposedly the motor previously made 850 or so on the engine dyno before he stuck it in this Mustang. Beast.
The Boss9 is one of my favorite engines. I can only imaging driving that, must be a handful.

Users who are viewing this thread