89' Saleen drag car coming out of retirement.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice build!
What intake and power adder?
I moved to 9.5 deck early on but I love 8.2 mafia builds.
Love the Fox drag restoration. In the middle of one myself.
Good luck and looking forward to the progress.
-J

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am using a Trick Flow R lower.
Incorporating a Reichard Racing box upper that houses the air/water I/C core.
Then there is the custom inlet/outlet manifolds for the 2.8L Kenne Bell S/C.
It makes about 20-21 psi of boost depending on the weather.
When I get to the point of installing those items I will post up the pictures.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I am using a Trick Flow R lower.
Incorporating a Reichard Racing box upper that houses the air/water I/C core.
Then there is the custom inlet/outlet manifolds for the 2.8L Kenne Bell S/C.
It makes about 20-21 psi of boost depending on the weather.
When I get to the point of installing those items I will post up the pictures.

that sounds familiar, I assume you've posted pictures at some point in the past? I remember it being a rather unique setup

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
that sounds familiar, I assume you've posted pictures at some point in the past? I remember it being a rather unique setup
Yes, but not on this Forum. I had a build thread on the Corral back in 2014/2015 or so.

I am not posting on the Corral because I got banned for saying that "Politics is in every facet of our lives", after the mod said no Politics in the thread. Apparently pointing out everything is Political is considered "talking Politics".
Who knew?

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Finished final torquing of the cylinder heads and was able to set up the valve train tonight. .014 on the Intake and .016 on the exhaust.

20220531_184414 (2).jpg

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am impressed with the customer service that Holley Performance provided. On the 27th Of May, at 3:00 in the afternoon, the day before a long Memorial Day weekend, I ordered up the Dominator EFI system. It showed up today, just 4 days later with 3 of those days a Holiday! Impressive. Plus they gave me a 5% discount for ordering at that time, with free shipping and they ate the Sales Tax. (5.5%)
I would post a picture of the stuff, but if I try to get everything in the picture the file is too large. I crop the hell out of the picture, but by the time I get it to load there is not much left to look at. IDK why SVT is like this. It is the only Forum that restricts the pics so much. Every other picture I have posted here is cropped to about 2/3 the normal size.
My new laptop also showed up today. It will be used just for the Engine Management system and nothing else.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I also will be replacing my Fast XFI 2.0 with a Holley Dominator. Will be interested to see how you like it. Using one of their dash screens?
On the pics, if you have an iPhone you just screen shot the original pic then upload. Not ideal but works every time for me.
-J

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't "internet" with my phone. I use the phone for texts, (about 6 a month), as a camera, as an actual phone and for the calculator and calender, that is pretty much it. I take pics with the phone, upload to my laptop and then load pic's.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Little bit at a time. I try to spend an hour after work doing what I can to gain progress. Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow, one of the Saturdays I work every 6 weeks.
Anyway, got the fuel rails cleaned up and installed tonight.

20220603_180510 (2).jpg

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are these new?
I only ask because I’m making injector cleaning a yearly or at least every other year maintenance item after recent experiences.
Keep it going!
-J
No, not new. Considering the pre pump and post pump filters that I use and replace yearly, I really don't think the Injectors are in need of cleaning. Especially after looking at the filters and not seeing anything that suggest they are dirty, yet still get replaced.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
No, not new. Considering the pre pump and post pump filters that I use and replace yearly, I really don't think the Injectors are in need of cleaning. Especially after looking at the filters and not seeing anything that suggest they are dirty, yet still get replaced.
I thought the same.
I also use and changed the best Fore fuel system filters and the injectors weren’t great after 2 seasons.
Only ran pump E85 and pump E mixed with VP C85/X85.
Just a heads up.
-J

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I thought the same.
I also use and changed the best Fore fuel system filters and the injectors weren’t great after 2 seasons.
Only ran pump E85 and pump E mixed with VP C85/X85.
Just a heads up.
-J
All my fuel is by the barrel, not the pump, so I would bet that the quality of the fuel is much better.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I would agree. For the first time I’ve bought 2 54G drums of One Ethanol R and one of my cars will get only that so I’ll be able to have a comparison.
Still, for many people their injectors should be cleaned to check their routine and be part of a maintenance plan, especially when you’re at 4 digit power.
-J

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s hard these days to trust anyone with this type of work. It’s a dying trade. The first machine shop I thought about using for my rebuild was nice, and honest enough for me to decide against having build a Modular engine. Fortunately, BES Racing isn’t too far from me, and even with them, I had a very small issue, which I was able to fix. Still though, when a pinched o-ring on the oil cooler is cut during install, it makes you a bit leery of things.

Nice ride though OP.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread