'89 GT 1028 rwhp 427 101mm

dsmawd350

Established Member
toying with the idea of selling the car over winter so I can get back into a boat this summer.

The car is tuned on e85 and I drive it on the street on a weekly basis. the car has been cruised up to 1 hr each way for a 2hr round trip with no problems
car easily made 1028 rwhp on 18.5 psi and e85 on a very conservative tune. we stopped at 1000 to get the car lined out and working before pushing it any further

CHASSIS:
64k mile 1989 mustang GT, black on grey, clear title car
10 point certified 8.50 cage
-minitubbed with freshly built and narrowed 8.8. welded axle tubes, 33 spline moser axles and spool, c-clip eliminators, 3.55 gears, trick flow girdle
-aerospace brakes front and rear
-QA-1 proma star coilovers, UPR double adjustable uppers, HPM mega bite lowers, weld in anti roll bar out back
-Strange single adjustable coilovers, QA-1 Kmember and a arms, grpp caster/camber plates up front, Flaming river manual rack and shaft everything got a fresh performance alignment a few months back
-car sits on Weld Magnum 2.0s- 15x3.5 with moroso front runners and 15x10 with newer 325/50 MT et street radials
- built in aluminum fuel cell in hatch with bulkhead
-2 12v batteries in hatch with push/pull battery disconnect
-Harwood 6'' extended pin on cowl hood, fiberglass hatch with lexan, Skinny Kid black aluminum wing with struts.
-parachute mount, chute setup, and brand new chute cable, release handle on the upper windshield bar
-Hurst pistol grip shifter
-painless switch panel :IGN, Start, fans, waterpump
-autometer playback tach with light
-autometer gauges: water temp, trans temp, fuel pressure, oil pressure, boost
-Kirkey aluminum seats with grey covers, factory carpet and all panels
FUEL SYSTEM:
EVERYTHING BRAND NEW
-sumped aluminum cell with dual fittings each feeding to TWO brand new Holley 1800efi pumps. y- into -10 braided ss feed and -8ss return, SS element holley pre and post filters
-all line and fitting changes to black braided line and black an fittings in the engine bay
-biggest Holley boost reference regulator
-Moran billet atomizer 235 injectors
twin pumps are controlled by ecu and can be activated in 4 stages by several ecu parameters of your choice. currenty idles and drives on one stage and other 3 are set to turn on as soon as the car sees boost.
ELECTRONICS
everything is brand new!!
-car is ran by Holley Dominator efi ECU, several upgrades including NTK wideband and built in boost control with solenoids and C02 controlled all within the holley system
-MSD grid
-HVCII coil
-Holley dual sync distributor
all wiring is hidded in the engine bay as much as possible.
TRANSMISSION
-built RMVB th400 with brake and deep pan
-brand new PTC 9.5' spragless converter speced for car
-AJE cross member
-large Derale trans cooler with shrouded fan and braided line and fittings
TURBO KIT
brand new
-Precision pt101mm turbo and precision 66mm wastegate
-custom fabbed forward and down facing stainless tig welded headers and crossover
-5'' downpipe that exits out of the front driver side bumper
-HUGE 1500hp garret a2a core 5.5'' thick, hand fabbed sheetmetal end tanks, all 4'' aluminum cold side with v-bands everywhere
ENGINE
Steve Barker built 427 Windsor
-RPM maxx Windsor block(dart copy) 4 bolt mains with splayed middle 3 caps
-Eagle 4340 crank and rods
-custom Diamond pistons 9.2:1
-BES spec'd solid roller cam .642/.662 lift
-Ported Victor Jr. heads, Comp pro mag rockers with stud girdles
-super vic efi with Wilson 2'' spacer, Wilson 105mm elbow and 105mm TB with v-band
-meziere electric water pump
-solid mounts
-sfi balancer and flex plate
-all vacuum lines are ran in black nylon hardline with quick disconnect fittings everywhere
-Aluminum dual pass radiator with -16an braided ss line and fittings
-fabbed VC's with -16 black braided line and fittings to dual catch cans

I bought the car kindof as a roller that the guy ran out of time and money to finish up. It was complete and running with a blow throw carbed Vortec YSi setup and made 1270hp on the engine dyno. the car made a few test hits and was having problems keeping a belt on it. That's when he decided to make the change to turbo and EFI. he had the turbo kit made and that's when I bought it.
I finished the car up and all work was done by Adam at S&M Motorsports in ross ohio. complete fuel system, ign system and holley engine management. all vaccum routing and wiring tuning etc was all professionally done. new converter struts, adjusted the valves etc etc etc. car was finished with basically and open checkbook
The new setup only has 6 test passes on it. one I forgot to turn on the c02 and the last pass of the night I spun. (was going to be even faster)
Adam from S&M came out and did all the tweaking on the tuneup and made huge strides for just a half dozen passes down the track.
Unloaded off the trailer and pulled a bunch of power out of it, and really babied the boost ramp out of the hole. Went 6.20@124. 3 passes later we were slowly adding back in power, raising launch rpm etc and went [email protected]. With only a 1.46 60' and leaving very conservatively . I believe we were still pulling overall timing and boost across the board as well. Should be wild with all the power back in it and get it leaving on man boost and down in the low 1.20 60'
CVIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqPJnrzHhRY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
IMG_20131022_215705.jpg

IMG_309545045319294.jpg

IMG_309537920471882.jpg

DSC_1170_zpsf4a3f90a.gif

DSC_1169_zps0ae7cf38.gif

DSC_1161_zps94e81690.gif

DSC_1086_zps8d711dbb.gif

ASKING PRICE IS $23,000
not especially looking for trades unless its a boat. or a nice little street car with the majority of cash but understand I will not give you top dollar for your trade as I need a cusion to know if I want to sell the trade item I know I can easily get my 23k out of the car
located in Cincinnati, Ohio
513-675-85fourfive

1NA RUN

Established Member
I love the way it just came alive after about the 60 foot mark. Looks like it just went into fast forward. This car seems like a beast. GLWS.

dsmawd350

Established Member
thanks ! we had the boost ramp rate set REAL conservative. as well as leaving on basically no boost for the first time out. we were pouring it on a little sooner each run. went from a 6.20@124 to 5.57@134 in four passes before we ran out of time. I think it will go easy .20's with on this boost level with another day at the track.

dsmawd350

Established Member
it can be a handful on the street. the track is not bad at all drive perfect and straight as seen in the video

Users who are viewing this thread