886-Mile 2000 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R on BaT

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
This one has come up in another thread. I would be looking under the battery for acid damage. Battery "explosion" is the only reason I can think to hack up the neutral cable.

TFStang

Established Member
$111K with the Buyer’s premium. Guess it’s official. These babies have increased in value :)

Venom351R

Established Member
That was nuts! There's also one currently for sale on Ebay. It ends today

oregon87

Established Member
I wonder if the Ebay car had any effect on the BAT car? I was expecting more of a bidding war at the end. Perhaps the cars have reached a point value-wise to weed out the "dreamers". Odd that two of these are available simultaneously with auctions ending within a few hours of one another.

nmp1

Established Member
I wonder if the Ebay car had any effect on the BAT car? I was expecting more of a bidding war at the end. Perhaps the cars have reached a point value-wise to weed out the "dreamers". Odd that two of these are available simultaneously with auctions ending within a few hours of one another.
I think with so many coming to market in such a short period of time that the supply of people willing to spend whatever its costs is probably becoming satisfied.

TFStang

Established Member
I doubt anyone with a low mile car will be letting it go for less than six figures now. I bet we continue to see higher sales prices, which has been the trend lately not only with this car, but all collector cars. Just look at what happened with Vipers. Absolutely insane.

I don’t think prices are done going up. We just had a record sale at $111K. I wouldn’t be surprised to see one get to $125K before the year ends.

bret a ewing

Established Member
BAT is eating ebays lunch when it comes to collectable car auctions. I think their blind auction format plays a role. The views and watch list difference are huge. The ebay '00 that ended @ $75k is a good example.

TFStang

Established Member
$107,269 with the Buyer’s premium. Not too shabby. That is the 3rd confirmed sale well into six figures over the last couple months.

Oregon...you still selling? ;)

TFStang

Established Member
You must be so damn happy you never sold!

I sold a couple cars earlier this year and last year and I am kicking myself now. Nothing that can’t be replaced, but it still stings a little with the recent appreciation pretty much all cars have seen. Almost sold one of my R’s as well. Glad I didn’t or I would have been really ticked!

oregon87

Established Member
Seriously! I'm a super impatient car guy and always looking for the next fun thing. I found a couple Vipers, Chevelles and 996TTs that grabbed my attention. Thankfully my wife talked me off the ledge and we remain the 00R's steward for the foreseeable future. Unless of course I come across a Daytona Yellow, SS396 (375HP) 69 Chevelle with the M22. :)

Users who are viewing this thread