88 Gt

BlackStang00

Established Member
I’m looking for a fox and found this

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/FLA7I6Ioxlb

I know a thing or two about foxes but you guys are the experts. I see some of the trim is discolored, it’s missing the wiper arms, lx tails (not a big deal), drivers seat buckle is wrong, passenger side armrest is missing and has one piece headlights. I’m probably going to see it the next few days. What do you guys think? I’m thinking 5k tops. Anything I should look out for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Yes, the seats are 86 or before (not 88), headlights are not 88 (which you know), whats the module behind the air intake tube? Also NEVER trust any pictures of a wet car, especially when blurry. If not rusty in any way (FL so unlikely), sub 10k foxes are getting harder to find. Good luck!

q6543

Established Member
That's a no for me, take that 7500 and keep saving... 15-20 will get you a nice one maybe.

That car, you drop 7500 and then another 10k getting it up to snuff.
You want a knowledgeable seller with receipts that can explain every detail and mod.

That car looks hack city under the hood.

BlackStang00

Established Member
Thanks guys. I ran the door sticker through a decoder I found online. It used to be two tone black with titanium lower. I’m guessing it’s been repainted, probably cappily. Interestingly it has a sunroof and 3.08s. That is crappy that the seats aren’t from 88, I was a little suspect since they had halos. I think I might still look at it for shits and giggles though.

Does anyone have a clue what that is behind the cai? I agree it does look a little hacked, I’d like to look closer into it. I know you guys know better than me but what if it runs well and I can get it for like 3? I’m not opposed to a project but I’m not looking for a ground up resto. And I’m not looking to flip anything, just tinker with it and clean it up.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks guys. I ran the door sticker through a decoder I found online. It used to be two tone black with titanium lower. I’m guessing it’s been repainted, probably cappily. Interestingly it has a sunroof and 3.08s. That is crappy that the seats aren’t from 88, I was a little suspect since they had halos. I think I might still look at it for shits and giggles though.

Does anyone have a clue what that is behind the cai? I agree it does look a little hacked, I’d like to look closer into it. I know you guys know better than me but what if it runs well and I can get it for like 3? I’m not opposed to a project but I’m not looking for a ground up resto. And I’m not looking to flip anything, just tinker with it and clean it up.

The box behind the CAI looks to be an ignition box not MSD some other brand. Seat looks wet like the sunroof is leaking? Check strut towers and undercarriage, depending on that and the price unless really cheap I’d pass.

BlackStang00

Established Member
The box behind the CAI looks to be an ignition box not MSD some other brand. Seat looks wet like the sunroof is leaking? Check strut towers and undercarriage, depending on that and the price unless really cheap I’d pass.

Got it thanks.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd pass on that one. Looks like lots of cobbled together pieces. By the time you straighten everything out, you could have gotten a much nicer one. It wasn't too long ago that $7500 bought a hell of a nice fox. I think those days are over for good. Finding decent ones for under 10K is a challenge now.

BlackStang00

Established Member
It’s sad really, especially since finding cars for a decent price around here is a struggle. There’s a guy a few streets away that has like 3 foxes sitting in his yard. I knocked on his door once a few years back but he let his dog out on me, dick. I wish people weren’t such dicks, I just wanted to ask about his cars. I’d snatch one of those up if I could. I’ll keep my eyes peeled, it just sucks that they don’t pop up often around here.

BlackStang00

Established Member
Definitely not, it would be in better shape. I wasn’t counting on it anyway. I don’t take that into account on these cars with 5 digit odometers. I’m very skeptical of anything anyone is selling.

I didn’t know you were on svtperformance. I’m on a few other forums, namely Corral under the name 07gts197. I thought about directly pming you but figured the more opinions the better.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Corral, Stangnet and here are the only three Mustang forums I really frequent.

I'm in some FB groups but for the most part i keep my mouth shut there.

For $7500, i'd pass on that car. I bet that paint job is quite poor and the fact the photos were taken in the rain is probably hiding a lot of the flaws. A decent paint job is $7500+ these days.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That car is more than hacked up. It will be much worse seeing it in person. Look how far that passenger fender sticks out past the door.

I wouldn't pay 3k for that car.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

BlackStang00

Established Member
I agree with you guys. My gf wants to go to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow anyway so I’ll drop by to see it in person but I’m not holding my breath. It does have a few issues I’ll admit. But I figure since I’ll be that way I’ll take a look anyway. I’ll post pictures tomorrow night probably if I remember to take any lol.

BlackStang00

Established Member
Same. If it’s a bunch of bs stuff then I’d take it for cheap. I think he’s holding out for the guy that wants to buy it to rip out the interior and turn it into a drag car. I’m not looking to do that myself. I’m looking for a survivor that has higher mileage but can be reliably daily driven if need be. I’m not looking for a cream puff. We will see how this one turns out.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I'd keep looking. Locally i've seen some decent starting point cars pop up in the $4-4.5k range. Not perfect, but definitely in nicer shape that that car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It will be interesting to hear what you find when you check it out personally today. I'll definitely come back here tomorrow to see if you posted an update.

BlackStang00

Established Member
I ended up not going today, something came up. I do have tomorrow off but I don’t know if I’ll have someone to go with me and I don’t have a way of getting it back to Naples other than driving it back. I’m going to try and get someone tomorrow if not sometime next week should work. I’ll keep you guys updated for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread