86 foxbody coyote swap needs

LAkyoatfox

Established Member
Well i finally got my 2012 coyote for my fox build. It is a pullout and i have the factory harness, pcm, all accessories, factory air box, factory drive by wire gas pedal and a procharger that im going to be adding to it. But first things first, ive got to get it in the car and running. The first thing ive found out is the pcm is pretty much scrap because ford decided to make the anti theft impossible to remove... At least for now. I was pretty sure i wanted to save myself the headache and get a harness but im going to be building my car from the ground up so i have already gutted all the factory harness from the car. I was planning on going with a hotrod style harness for my lights and everything to cut out the weight of the unnecessary wires of the factory harness in the car. So my question is what is a good harness and pcm for the motor and is it a stand alone harness with just an ignition hot and ground like most stand alone harnesses? It would be great if it is because i can then wire the car itself with a harness for lights and ignition and then tie into that harness with the engine harness. Thanks for any advice!

LAkyoatfox

Established Member

Yeah i have seen ford racing's kit. It comes with the pedal and factory air box which i already have so im wondering if i can just buy the harness and pcm because man $1,890 is so high! Late model resto makes the same kit for $1,500 and some odd but again i don't need the pedal or air box. My concern is how does these harnesses tie into the car? Because like i said i will be re wiring the car body itself myself with a new harness as well. Im hoping the ford racing harness just requires an egnition hot to power the computer and a couple grounds like other stand alone harnesses i have seen and used before. Hoping someone that has made this swap can confirm that for me.

wahoo's 03

Established Member
The LMR kit is the Ford Racing Kit, just sold at a discounted price. Don't think your going to find this kit without the air box and pedal as Ford racing is the only on who makes a kit for the coyote swap. You may be able to use other aftermarket EFI systems, but I don't belive any other can control then VCT, or interface with the gas pedal. The kit does wire in as your wanting. Here's a link to the instructions for the kit.

https://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-6017-A504V.pdf

Check out the members builds over on Corral. A few coyote swap builds you
Can follow from start to finish.

Member Build-Up Projects - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LAkyoatfox

Established Member
The LMR kit is the Ford Racing Kit, just sold at a discounted price. Don't think your going to find this kit without the air box and pedal as Ford racing is the only on who makes a kit for the coyote swap. You may be able to use other aftermarket EFI systems, but I don't belive any other can control then VCT, or interface with the gas pedal. The kit does wire in as your wanting. Here's a link to the instructions for the kit.

https://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-6017-A504V.pdf

Check out the members builds over on Corral. A few coyote swap builds you
Can follow from start to finish.

Member Build-Up Projects - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

Yep! I had just found the wirring diagram from FRPP before you posted it. I've read the full diagram and it sounds just like every other stand aline harness i have messed with. I don't think it will be any trouble at all to do the swap how i am wanting to. And thanks for the link to corral.

04yellowcobra

Established Member

Can be had for even less than that if you call around.

OP: I would retain the original lighting harness and connectors. Also the key switch if you are so inclined. And then gut everything else out of the harness that you don't need. I truly believe this will be faster and easier than fitting a new harness and splicing in all of the connectors.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread