86 coyote fox body swap finished

svteezy

Established Member
I have an 86 hatch that i just did the coyote swap to. I put a upr 4.6 k-member and a built T-56 behind it. Im extremely happy with the power its making right now fresh out the box but I cant wait to get some gears and a tune. Right now I have 3.73 gears and a 28 inch tall tire. I know the stock tune is a little off because I have bbk longtubes and a 4 inch intake. I have some trouble with it wanting to die after i get down on it hard and start slowing down with the clutch in. My goals are to have the car into the 10s after tuning and gears. possibly even aggresive race gas tune.. not sure who i want to tune the car yet so if anyone has some suggestions and some numbers that you ran with those tunes that would be great. anyways here is a pic of the motor in the car.

v6p8iv.jpg

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
That is awesome! I wouldn't run that motor anymore until you get it tuned. It's running lean. I'm running tunes from American Muscle/Bama Performance and I couldn't be more satisfied. We need some videos!

svteezy

Established Member
OH YEA videos will be posted as soon as i get her to the track! I'm not going to run it anymore until i can get a good tune on it. I am looking at bama, upr, or lethal.. have you ran yours at the track any?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
man that thing is beautiful! i think that a boss intake manifold would work great with this setup.

2011fiveliter

Established Member
That thing looks great, can't wait to see video's. I also have the BAMA 91 octane tunes. I run the Race tune all the time. and I am very happy with it. I can tell you from my dyno pulls alone that I made 20 rwhp and 40rwtq with the AirAide CAI and tune. And my peak tq numbers were between 2300 rpm and 4400 rpm. It pulls hard, compared to stock.

svteezy

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments. I have a Guy that can dyno tune my car for me but I know bama and lethal has done so many and probably have them down pat I hate to try someone else. His name is James and its called running with the devil. He has tuned a few but I haven't talked to the owners to ask them how they like it. I just want to get the most power I can out of it before I put the bottle to It

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Yes I've made at least 50-60 passes with this car. I have no complaints about my Bama tunes and would suggest them to anyone.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
So the 4.6 K-member supports the newer motors? IE there is no k-member that is specifically designed for the new 3V or coyote motor?

Awesome build!

scott_0

Established Member
very very cool! word to the wise, careful who you let tune it. these Coyotes arent like tuning the Mustang motors before them, lots of hometown guys are going much too aggressive on the tunes. go with someone well known. Im more than happy with my Bama tune.

Users who are viewing this thread