850-1000hp cobra build

SouthsideSVT

Established Member
It’s a strong build, just have the car and engine fully inspected by a trusted shop. Maybe the engine noise is an easy fix.
Then swap it two Walbro ‘Hellcat F90000285’ pumps with some ID1050x injectors and spin that 2.9 til it’s maxed. 800rwhp on E85 and tons of serious fun safe on E85 (don’t even worry if it’s at least E70).
Good luck.
-J
It does need rebuilt I took a camera and stuck it in the cylinder and it burnt up a piston do you recommend going with the same setup pistons and all or changing to flat top

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
How much is the crank rated for I feel like that would be the next thing holding me back from 800+
The cobra crank will handle 800 with no problem.

You need to get the engine out and torn apart before thinking about the next steps. Figure out what all needs to be replaced first.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely yes. With just the fuel change, a boosted cobra will pick up 60-100whp. E85 is really liquid gold on boosted cars, not only for more power but also much safer. I run 35lbs boost and make over 1500whp with pump e85.
Fuel, cylinder head design, and most important, cylinder head materials. It's crazy to think a 12:1 can handle the boost. I think in terms of Iron head american V8. Because that's what I work on most of the time. Just the Aluminum heads alone can handle more comp. Just because of the heat transfer. And now add the fuel on that.

I have a 12.5:1 Ireland Engineering rotating assembly in my BMW M10 motor. Good head work, copycat Schrick 304 cam Dcoe 45 Webers going on now. Valve train has been re worked for the 304 and 7.5k red line. I've been running a blend of 110 leaded and 100 un-leaded.

robvas

Established Member
Pushing 93 past 650 is just asking for it. The fuel has to be perfect every single fill up and cool mornings have to be driven with care.

what does that mean about cool mornings? Denser air that could lean you out?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
what does that mean about cool mornings? Denser air that could lean you out?

No, increased cylinder pressure and associated knock. Your a/f will be fine, the 91 octane is simply unable to prevent knock.

DrZed

Established Member
Fuel, cylinder head design, and most important, cylinder head materials. It's crazy to think a 12:1 can handle the boost. I think in terms of Iron head american V8. Because that's what I work on most of the time. Just the Aluminum heads alone can handle more comp. Just because of the heat transfer. And now add the fuel on that.

I have a 12.5:1 Ireland Engineering rotating assembly in my BMW M10 motor. Good head work, copycat Schrick 304 cam Dcoe 45 Webers going on now. Valve train has been re worked for the 304 and 7.5k red line. I've been running a blend of 110 leaded and 100 un-leaded.

.... I had an M20B25 for some time... amazing how durable they were. The time of paper engineering and non CAD stuff. Incredibly over-built.

Users who are viewing this thread