84 Mustang front cap

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I not really that bright on the mid 80's mustangs. I have an 84 SVO, that the bumper cover is torn and needs alot of repair. I'm wondering if I could get the nose or if I have to get the entire front cap off of another 84+ to fix it. I'd like to get one off of an 89 LX, but I'm not sure what years will interchange. I know some people will call this sacrileage on changing it up but the front end on that year wasn't the most attractive one I've seen. I appreciate any help and knowledge you can give me. Thanks in advance.

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
NIT2WN said:
I not really that bright on the mid 80's mustangs. I have an 84 SVO, that the bumper cover is torn and needs alot of repair. I'm wondering if I could get the nose or if I have to get the entire front cap off of another 84+ to fix it. I'd like to get one off of an 89 LX, but I'm not sure what years will interchange. I know some people will call this sacrileage on changing it up but the front end on that year wasn't the most attractive one I've seen. I appreciate any help and knowledge you can give me. Thanks in advance.

84, 85, and 86 front ends are almost all identical. the 87-93 bumper covers will bolt right up to the 84-86 models...although you will need a 87-93 hood and headlights to make the 89 lx bumper fit. hope this helps

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
Cool , that's exactly what I needed. I hate the front end on the thing and would rather bolt on a newer nose than fix this thing. Thanks.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
I'll say it. Bolting on anything but an SVO nose is sacreleage! :lol1:

If its not too bad, you can always get that 2-part urethane bumper epoxy and 'fix' the cracks in the bumper. I've seen it used and it works great for minor cuts & tears. After its painted up you can't tell its there.

But its your car, bro. Good luck with it. :beer:

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I kinda agree but the car was already hacked up before I got it, so I don't feel as bad about it. I got the car with the head and accessories in the trunk, no rims, no trans, no intercooler and the car has the egr system deleted [ not a bad thing]. The wiring harness is a mess under the hood, someone put Eibach [sp] lowering springs under it and the list goes on. I don't plan on selling the front end parts that are on it or chunking them. It just that the bumper cover is torn pretty good and the brackets behind it aren't much better. It basically is just easier to change it over to a LX nose and than anything else. Hey if you want it to fix I'll sell it. I'm just tired of it sitting around and figured it would make a sleeper with the LX front end.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
Scrapped that idea, especially when I can buy a 86 svo with 69,000 original miles for $7000. I'd put that much into the one in the back. I guess if I want one I'll just buy one that looks and runs good.

Users who are viewing this thread