82mm vs. 75mm Pulley

Schnell GT500

Established Member
Ok guys, currently have an 82mm pulley on a Gen 1 VMP TVS 2.3l blower. Buddy is giving me a 75mm Pulley. Car has long tube headers, JLT 123mm intake, ID725 injectors, VMP BAP, Heat exchanger, twin 67 tb.. etc.. so it's got air/fuel upgrades. My question is, would it be ok to just swap the pulley and go on my merry way or do i need a complete tune revision?

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I would assume you are on 93. If so, they will likely need to pull some timing out for the 75mm and warn you about bending a rod as well.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
As mentioned above if you are running 93 there's no point. You will have to pull so much timing out your car would make more power on the 82mm. If you have e85 you will be pushing your block pretty hard and risk snapping a rod.

Lots of people have ran a 75 with no issues but there are a few who blew their motor. In my opinion I would not go any lower than a 79. A good set up on a 82mm on e85 will be very close to 700 at the tire, I would not feel safe pushing the stock block harder than that.... Then again Im fairly conservative......lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TVSed GT

Established Member
Agreed anything that starts with a 7 on gen 1 and you risk the motor eating itself

Users who are viewing this thread