80mm Pro-M MAF and Cold Air Kit?

jrh99

Established Member
Here's some pics of the ProM 80mm/Cold Air Kit that my tuner thought would be a good fit.

Is anybody using this? Did I get screwed? I made it clear that I will be looking to push more power down the road. I spoke about porting the blower and changing the upper pulley someday.

If this is going to restict me it's going back!!!!! I was just going with his recommendations, assuming I was being taken care of. He was originally just supposed to be getting me a meter, but ended up getting this because the 92mm was out of stock or something. He said Pro-M recommended this peice. I already had an FIPK, so the CAI wasn't even necesarry, I just figured this peice looked good and was hoping it would perform.

directions

cover

closeup

filter

jrh99

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
80mm??? Isnt that a step down from the stock 90mm?

Yup, I was never asked if this would be OK, he just ordered it and made it sound like it would work fine.
I had got the stock MAF dirty from the K&N oil and the car was running funny, so I just went with it figuring it would work for now (which it does), and if I found out that this peice doesn't really belong on our cars, I'd make him make things right.
Why do people cut corners! :fm: This shit has me fired up right now.
Plus why the hell would Pro-M tune an 80mm MAF for a 2003 Cobra? It's scratched right into the meter. I don't get it!

I was hoping these guys knew something I didn't, by going with this peice. But I'm starting to have my doubts now.

jrh99

Established Member
I've seen some people on this board using 80mm Meters. Why did you do this. Was it just a temporary fix?

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
blow 03 used one on his KB car not sure if its temporary or not

i look at it like this 80mm tube is now the smallest opening

kinda seems liek a restrction to me

Users who are viewing this thread