8 rib pulleys (procharger guys)

SuperMach1

Established Member
I'm looking to go with an 8 rib setup for my F1A and I've noticed people have used the Expedition and F150 pulleys for the swap. I'm not exactly to sure what year Expedition pulleys fit for the swap. Anyone have any input? I'm using a 98 Cobra timing cover and I already have the 8 rib balancer and RR Thump tensioner.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I just run the BGG Performance kit. It's worked well.

their kit for my procharged Mach1 was pure garbage. It didn't line up for shit and they wouldn't return a call from me, the shop I was using or procharger (apparently they supplied some stuff to procharger as well). This went on for about a month before procharger just sent the shop a mixed bag of spacers and shims to work with.

**** bgg and the horse they rode in on

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm looking to go with an 8 rib setup for my F1A and I've noticed people have used the Expedition and F150 pulleys for the swap. I'm not exactly to sure what year Expedition pulleys fit for the swap. Anyone have any input? I'm using a 98 Cobra timing cover and I already have the 8 rib balancer and RR Thump tensioner.

Im not sure if its on here or not but you go over to the Mach1 registry theres a power adder section, I think the user CmyLXGo or something like that has a thread (might even be a sticky) with all the part numbers and descriptions

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
their kit for my procharged Mach1 was pure garbage. It didn't line up for shit and they wouldn't return a call from me, the shop I was using or procharger (apparently they supplied some stuff to procharger as well). This went on for about a month before procharger just sent the shop a mixed bag of spacers and shims to work with.

**** bgg and the horse they road in on
Well then lol. That really sucks man. I bought my BGG kit back in like 08/09.. So maybe shit has gone sideways since. I'm also running a Vortech not a Procharger.

It would be nice if another company made 8 rib kits, but they don't.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Well then lol. That really sucks man. I bought my BGG kit back in like 08/09.. So maybe shit has gone sideways since. I'm also running a Vortech not a Procharger.

It would be nice if another company made 8 rib kits, but they don't.

There are several Mach1 procharger guys that said it didnt work for them either, one said after screwing with this kit he threw it in the trash and went cog.

theres just no reason to buy the kit from him with a procharger - you can get the pullies elsewhere much cheaper and the shims are wrong.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn that really sucks for the Procharger guys. I have a feeling I'm going to be at the end of the 8rib kit soon with the power I'm making and if I stick with a Vortech. My shop can build custom pulleys but I think once I start having belt issues it'll be turbo time.

Ironmancuck

Banned
Established Member
If you have a hard time figuring things out and all you can do is open up a box then a kit is the way to go.
However, if you know how to measure then just get ahold of the 8 rib truck parts and play around with washers .

The kits are ridiculously overpriced considering all you get is a bunch of oem truck parts and a few spacers.

SuperMach1

Established Member

**** bgg and the horse they rode in on

Ive heard the stories with that kit and they're way over priced

96dreamer

Established Member
Why keep it a secret, post it in the thread.

For what its worth I grabbed the power steering, ac, and alternator pulleys off an early 2000's 5.4 f150 from the junk yard. Think I paid like $25 for all 3. Reused my tensioner, idler and water pump pulleys and already had an innovators west 10% o.d. pulley. I think the 5.4 f150 8 rib dampener is a larger diameter by a small percentage compared to our stock dampeners. I've been running this setup with a 6 rib belt and no blower for a year with no issues. Mocked up the blower and checked for alignment of the pulley but wasn't ready to finish install at the time is the reason for the 6 rib belt

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Hey guys, I pulled these part numbers from some old threads a couple years ago. I've not been able to verify them though. This also does not include spaces/shim sizes that could be possible needed.

8-Rib Setup Info (Part Numbers):
-------------------------------------
Alternator Pulley (P/N: F65Z-10344-AA / GP-720)
Power Steering Pulley (P/N: 2L3Z-3A733-AB / XL3Z-3A733-AA)
A/C Clutch Pulley (P/N: F7UZ-19D784-AA / YB-542)
Tensioner / Idler Pulley (P/N: 1L3Z-6B209-AA / YS-250)
Crank Pulley (P/N: XL3Z-6312-CA / XL1Z-6312-DA)
Grooved Idler Pulley (P/N: F75Z-6B209-EA)
Water Pump Pulley (P/N: F6TZ-8509-AA) (96' Cobra stock pulley should suffice)

Note: Alternator pulley might require modification. 99'- 01' Lightning Alt. Pulley,
is a direct bolt on. But same part numbers are listed for the Lightning pulley
as listed above.

97snakebite

Established Member

SpittingCobra

Established Member

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Piggyback question from this information.

I also use the BGG 8-rib kit with my Vortech. My tensioner finally gave way and sheered this month though, and I need a new one. Based on the part numbers listed above can I just order the whole tensioner (1L3Z-6B209-AA), or do I need to order a new 4.6L tensioner from LMR and replace the pulley only with the pulley above (YS-250)?

Last edited:

97snakebite

Established Member
Piggyback question from this information.

I also use the BGG 8-rib kit with my Vortech. My tensioner finally gave way and sheered this month though, and I need a new one. Based on the part numbers listed above can I just order the whole tensioner (1L3Z-6B209-AA), or do I need to order a new 4.6L tensioner from LMR and replace the pulley only with the pulley above (YS-250)?

OEM/stock tensioner will work.. IMO its all about the belt too.... ie too tight or too loose. my last belt was a 113". It was super tight. I went through 2 or 3 tensioners. Switched a 115" and it seem to like the setup better. Guess its not too hard on the tensioner.

P.S. - Part number for a green 8 rib
#k081153hd

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread