8 rib Crack pulley 6 rib belt?

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Well after taking 2 years too long to get my built engine finished and in the car I noticed a slight issue when test fitting everything on the engine stand. I am not sure how I did it but the aftermarked hella expensive crank pulley is a 8 rib and all the accessories on my cobra are 6 rib. Is anyone just using a 6 rib belt like this with any luck? I am just sitting here scratching my head but it looks like the grooves line up.

ruthless

Established Member
Crack pulley! LOL That's what I get posting from my phone.

After some research I found that some of the 6 rib pulleys can be changed to 8 rib by either using a aftermarket kit or using truck pulleys. Not sure if I want to go that way just yet since space is limited and the alternator to coolant crossover pipe wouldn't clear and I am not wanting to go to a MMR coolant setup.

I will keep posting my findings as I dig into this.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I originally used a 6 rib belt on my gt with an 8 rib supercharger pulley. Didnt give me any problems besides looking weird.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
should be able to run the 6 rib belt on the back ribs of the 8 rib pulley, thats what I did with my procharged Mach1.

ruthless

Established Member
Thanks guys. I just got off the phone with Innovators West and was told I was good to use the 6 rib belt on the 8 rib crank. In fact I was told when the mod crank was first released by them that they were all 8 ribs and they never had an issue.

No matter how much I learn about this stuff there is always more to pick up. Lol

DSG2003Mach1, I was told by the tech to place the belt on the very back ribs as well. :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread