#8 explained a little better:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun@AED

Laloosh,
You are correct. OVI is no substitute for DI simply due to the high fuel pressure if nothing else. The higher the FP, the more heat it takes out of the combustion chamber upon injector firing. As for Stoich at WOT being ok for DI.... I will bow out of that debate as I have not yet sturdier up on proper DI tuning.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
1st ford has updates for the ecu for the 2011s
2nd ford does not need to refund your money..all stock cars that blew motors got replaced by ford. At fords expense.
3rd if you modded your car an it blew the stock motor that sucks but you are stuck with the bill .

+1

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Absolutely not.

I applaud AM/Bama for their stance on the issue, but let me be very clear....

The #8 is NOT due to aftermarket tuning. The root cause is in the factory program and as such no tuner should be taking responsibility for issues they did not cause. Sure, we can make it worse, but no tuner will EVER command Stoich at WOT on one of these cars.

That isn't very confidence inspiring. :nonono:

SirJAG

Established Member
Wait. So you guys saying if I WOT for 1-2 min in 5th on interstate my engine is in danger of blowing? (150mph) That's a serious question. In the bike world where I come from holding the throttle pinned for 3-5 min in west Texas around 160-169mph was not uncommon.

I run 93r bama tune now. At least till this weekend when I get with AED. Finally.

Shaun@AED

That isn't very confidence inspiring. :nonono:

No tune shop had any part in manufacturing parts for the Mustang. Not did they have any part if the Factory tune calibration.

We simply take the factory tune, make a few modifications removing limits, calibrating for CAI's, exhaust, etc, etc.

What about that makes tuners responsible for engine failures related to Ford OEM issues?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
No tune shop had any part in manufacturing parts for the Mustang. Not did they have any part if the Factory tune calibration.

We simply take the factory tune, make a few modifications removing limits, calibrating for CAI's, exhaust, etc, etc.

What about that makes tuners responsible for engine failures related to Ford OEM issues?

Oh, I'm not saying you're responsible. Please don't take that wrong at all. I'd like to mod and tune my car and just looking for that peace of mind that I can do so without blowing it up. I don't even drive my car hard at all.

So what is the point of the thread? You're aware of the issue, but nothing can really be done about it or you just know how not to make it worse? Elaborate please. :)

if you want a warranty dont tune your car and stay with your factory one simple as that

Thank you, Captain Obvious. :lol1:

CoreyHM1

Established Member
Id like to datalog mine. But where the hell will I do a 15+sec pull lol.

But when my car popped #8 the car was under normal driving conditions. The cel come on and ran like crap after I started the car from a previous 45 min drive. Then it smoked the whole way back home.

01bluesnake

Established Member

agreed.

A lot of different variable can go into a motor failing, and too risky for a tuner to offer that and have to eat motors that have went bad due to driver abuse(missed shifts), poor gas quality, excessive engine temps and product failure.

Laloosh

Established Member
Id like to datalog mine. But where the hell will I do a 15+sec pull lol.

But when my car popped #8 the car was under normal driving conditions. The cel come on and ran like crap after I started the car from a previous 45 min drive. Then it smoked the whole way back home.

What did you do prior to normal driving, like that morning or even the day or two before.

bigriff85

Established Member
Lol seriously maybe I missed the boat on earlier model mustangs having major issues (never had these issues w older gt models I mean) but if I knew what I know now I never would have bought one of these cars ford could have done a better job between this issue, the Chinese trans, clutch my car soon enough will be a rolling American muscle/lethal performance catalog! I knew I should have just bought my buddies 04 kb termi lol

SirJAG

Established Member
Wait. So you guys saying if I WOT for 1-2 min in 5th on interstate my engine is in danger of blowing? (150mph) That's a serious question. In the bike world where I come from holding the throttle pinned for 3-5 min in west Texas around 160-169mph was not uncommon.

I run 93r bama tune now. At least till this weekend when I get with AED. Finally.

anyone going to take a swing at this? are you guys telling me that a modern eng. these days will not hold WOT for extended times without blowing?

turd burglar

Established Member
So the basic school of thought here then is that if you run the car hard even in stock trim, you are asking for a blown motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread