• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

#8 explained a little better:

Discussion in '2011-2014 Mustang Talk' started by [email protected], Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 98 Saleen Cobra

98 Saleen Cobra Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

I wish our government thought like this, instead of Dem vs Rep.. Work together..

Anyways this is a great way to view it Shaun :beer:

2. FoofKiller

FoofKiller I> /\/\ Established Member

Excellent attitude Shaun. I wish more people took this approach to every buisness. I'll be giving you a PM shortly. :rockon:

3. Z25OH

Z25OH WINGING IT Established Member

OK, first off, i dont know the guy PERSONALLY, I can only speak on my personal experiences with him and to put it lightly they were SHITTTYY. I dont know tuning, i dont tune! So I (the customer) am going to have plenty of questions for a PAID service that is going on my brand new 30k car. You (jon, shaun, steeda, amazon blah blah) should EXPECT this from customers, with out a doubt. I dont think im stepping out of my ROLE as a customer in any way. Im paying for a service, i want information. IDC what anyone says, he was a DICK to me and i know how he has been to other people. I seen the emails first hand when he just laughs at simple questions and responds in such a condecending manner. He cant be bother for an update, datalog, whatever. Customer service SHOULD BE #1!!! ALWAYS! Its really quite simple, I write software at my job, I have clients all the time asking me shit tons of questions, i know all about customer service and how it should be given and received. Bottom line is if your putting out a product that you cant keep up with support for, you need to quit what your doing or hire more help. Thats a basic fundamental in economics. Because in the end, theres really only one side that takes a hit, and thats THE CUSTOMER.

I see he has more help, and thats good, hopefully he can help his attitude some day too.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  4. FoofKiller

FoofKiller I> /\/\ Established Member

Ouch...

5. PhillyLS1

PhillyLS1 Member Established Member

The information in the thread is pertinent to my interests.

It's up to the owner of the car to determine what is best for their ride. There's so much BS I'd hope a mod would step in and edit it.

There's too much opinion based hot air and not enough technical "back and forth".

I appreciate everyone bringing their knowledge to this thread. It's a shame we have to swim through a layer of bullshit to get to critical engine information.

6. KONA BLUES

KONA BLUES HORSEPOWER JUNKIE Established Member

I couldn't agree more :beer:

When it comes to anything AED laced in this forum - it gets out of control and opinionated.

7. Night-Mare

Night-Mare New Member Established Member

Minus the ego's and competency battles, I want to thank every tuner involved with our vehicles no matter the size nor complexity.

Tuner's are businesses that have entered our market, taken competitive market share, and ran with it. Without businesses as such, there would be no avenue for aftermarket parts (tunes included).

Although I don't have a tuned vehicle, and don't particularly plan on it, I am thankful for the excitement and lust that aftermarket companies have brewed inside me. Sure, companies enter the market because of opportunity, but we are the benefactors in that equation.

I applaud Suan, as a consumer, for sharing information with us. Sure, it might not be a 100% solution or anywhere 100% of what he actually knows in regards to this problem. He stepped up and tried to educate the public without leaking trade secrets. Believe me, I am not taking that information and mystically empowered with the knowledge of tuning vehicles to open my own tuning business to compete with industry.

Customer's aren't pets that you make piss outside just because you tell them too, we are inquisitive and knowledge seeking beings. Isn't that the same behavior that got the tuners currently in the market in the hobby in the first place? I think its a great idea that tuners collaborated, identified, and have researched what is going on with the #8 issues. It is my opinion that more of this should be done, as the #8 issue is something that regardless if blown out of proportion (or not) has instilled fear into consumers. That fear reduces demand, and diminishes the market. Had these issues never come up to begin with, it would likely be far fetched to find a coyote without a tune. But that's not the case, so why not educate the public, collaborate with each other, and develop a solution what will regain lost demand.

Oh jeebus, I got long winded. Anywho, as I stated at the beginning...that's to all industry for giving me an avenue to express my automotive interests for my market segment. :beer:

8. shadowstang03gt

shadowstang03gt New Member Established Member

People are shady. They will sell 87 as 93. Most people will never know. I usually try to get gas from a corporate station. Always a chance of a bad mix or a driver loading the fuel incorrect

9. beefcake

beefcake Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

i usually stick to shell or bp for the most part

10. Z25OH

whenever your at shell, they have counters above each grade, ive selected 93 numerrous times and ive seen the counters pull from the other grades. Most of the time it pulls from the 93, but ive gone back inside and talked to the attendant, and they have refunded or adjusted. Ill stop it almost immediately...keep a look out.....i hear chevron is pretty consistent:shrug:

11. charba951

charba951 BOOSTTD Established Member

Huh. I need to keep a look out next time.

12. ViciousJay

ViciousJay Well-Known Member Established Member

thats highly illegal

13. assasinator

assasinator 1 N the head,2 N da chest Established Member

i only use Lund tunes on my 2011GT. it will stay that way. i tune my own 96 4v turbo.

14. assasinator

assasinator 1 N the head,2 N da chest Established Member

no, you dont know tuning...NUFF said.

15. Z25OH

no shit, thats what i said, did i say i was a tuner? thnx for echoing incase anyone else missed it

16. Blazer707@TBR

[email protected] Master Ford Tech Authorized Vendor

:banghead::banghead:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

17. twistedneck

twistedneck Active Member Established Member

Great, now you are acting like a political reporter and scaring tuners away from sharing this critical information with us.. Are you seriously thinking about a warranty on a hot rod? you can buy insurance for the track - i think its about $1500 bucks for 50 grand worth.. if you are a warranty person you can't run a tune unless is the fordracing tune. thats it!

this is not a warranty thread, or a personal attack thread it was a great thread about details on number 8, FINALLY.. this along with the L&M engines thread on the same thing. All this points to E85 as the best warranty we could ever have. E85 keeps the lean condition at bay and helps prevent detonation. all we have left to fail after that is the oil pump :).

Shaun and CPR and the other tuners please continue to post up. thanks!!

18. atistang

atistang Member Established Member

this is what i worry about, mostly with the driver mixing it up

everytime i filled up with my 89 procharged fox i would think about it lol

19. ViciousJay

ViciousJay Well-Known Member Established Member

Im sure in the next few years there will be other tuners out there cuz when the mustang goes world wide the people overseas wont want to bother with company's like SCT and Diablo

20. kdanner

kdanner Banned

Last time I checked it was a free country, you can make your own hardware and write your own software to accomplish your own goals. Have at it, good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.