*77 in NJ

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Traveling southbound on the Garden State Parkway when i noticed a sign off to the side. Report Aggressive Drivers dial *77 on your cellular. Interesting....

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Franco where was that sign posted? I havent seen one in my area. that is interesting indeed.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Adam, it was before exit 88 south. I'm almost certain it was in the area of where the GSP spilts off into express and local. I didn't notice it coming back up north..but i wasn't looking for it either.

My concern is a person making a false call or perhaps a wrong judgement call and distracting a police officer from directing his attention to a real offense.

I'm assuming when someone makes a call the individual who is being aggressive will not be pulled over immediately by an officer soley on the callers report. To be pulled over immediately would come down to his word against the other's. I think one would wait for the offender farther up the road in anticipation of that reported motorist still continuing his driving behavior.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
Adam, it was before exit 88 south. I'm almost certain it was in the area of where the GSP spilts off into express and local. I didn't notice it coming back up north..but i wasn't looking for it either.

I dont get down there too much. But I will look for them on the GSP.

My concern is a person making a false call or perhaps a wrong judgement call and distracting a police officer from directing his attention to a real offense.

Actually the call would go to a cell phone center who forwards it to a non emergency state police number and they would evaluate it and potentially send out a patrol unit.

I'm assuming when someone makes a call the individual who is being aggressive will not be pulled over immediately by an officer soley on the callers report. To be pulled over immediately would come down to his word against the other's. I think one would wait for the offender farther up the road in anticipation of that reported motorist still continuing his driving behavior.

The trooper would try to find the guy and observe him any offenses and then make the traffic stop. But the person making the call will also be held to task if his info is not truthful.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Thx. I like the idea, but seeing how i only saw one sign for it in the 55+ exits i passed both ways..looks to be just an experiment. It definitely got my attention tho.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I see now they post it on the digital billboards when there are no construction or Amber Alerts going on.

Users who are viewing this thread