'72 Mach I or '03 at Woodward Dream Cruise??

What car to take to the dream cruise?

• Take the '72 Mach I

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Take the '03 Cobra

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • What's the dream cruise?

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

IRON MACHINE

Established Member
Every year since it started, I've taken my '72 Mach I drag car out to the Woodward cruise, despite the fact that it's a real pain to drive in traffic. Now that I have my '03 I'm torn what to do. I've always felt the dream cruise to sorta be for classics, and been somewhat irriated by the newer cars showing up. But now I have the '03 and there's a bunch of folks showing up in their newer Cobras. I can't take both, because I'll be working out of town except for Friday night. So what would you do?

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
I love older mustangs.. especially a dragged out mach 1.. but you gotta be comfortable man.. I'll take the mach 1 tho. :)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
I'd take the '03 this year (and probably this year only). Rationale: not many '03s out yet, get a break from the '72, you've taken the '72 every year previously, the '03 is much better looking than the '72, the '03 is more comfortable, the '03 is faster, etc., etc. :-D

Did I mention the '03 is much better looking than the '72? :D

wildosvt

Established Member
as much as I respect the 03,It might be feasable to think what Woodward is about..It is about yesterdays cars not todays.Thats the problem with going there besides how commercial it has become...Save your warranty bring the 72.(I for one love that body style) plz leave the 03 at home!:crying: everyone who owns one will be there with one Im seeing more and more of them as time goes on.:kaboom:

02SVTF150

Wish I had my username
Established Member
My vote goes to the Mach 1 for the dream cruise... I have a feeling we'll see quite a few 03's there.

btw... can anyone give me the date of the cruise? :thumbsup:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Hey...how bout a compromise?

Take the 03 on Friday to Mustang Alley with some of us other 03 / Cobra and "Mustang" freaks....then...take your 72 on the cruise on Saturday.

I respect nostalgia...I have owned a "few" Mustangs with years ranging from 1965 to 2003. Every one was unique in its own way and I had a great time with each car...but regardless...they were all "Mustangs" and each one worthy of being in a cruise.

I can tell you that the 03 Cobra is a crowd pleaser...at least at this time. I entered my black coupe in the MOCSEM Mustang memories show today...and proud to say...It ook 1st place in my class which was 94-present Cobra Coupes. So as to what is turning heads right now...I'd say 03's.

Have fun with both this week!!:beer:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by 02SVTF150
My vote goes to the Mach 1 for the dream cruise... I have a feeling we'll see quite a few 03's there.

btw... can anyone give me the date of the cruise? :thumbsup:

August 16th for 2003...its always the 3rd Saturday of Aug.

its pretty cool that Eaton Automotive is its largest corporate sponsor....:thumbsup:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
btw, I vote for the Mach...I'm one of those that believes that classics should rule the cruise.

Users who are viewing this thread