700 Lumen LED Under Hood Light

infinitereality

First off, I give SDHQ props for coming up with this idea and Birdman for the review of their product. An under hood light is a MUST for any vehicle and seems my vehicles never get equipped with one.

Work Light 3 LED 9W 700 Lumens 90 Wide Flood Reverse Back Up | eBay

I like projects, one of the main reasons I buy crap, lol... So $38 later I had a 700 lumen wide angle flood work light on the way. Shipping was quick. Before I did anything I soldered, taped and heat shrinked extra wire. I mounted it in an existing stock grill support hole. Figured out how much wire I needed and went ahead and used heat shrink on it all so keep it protected and from standing out. Ran it with the existing wire loom, then under the cowling to the passenger side of truck. I happen to have a random on/off rocker switch laying around... Not the prettiest and will get changed out at some point, but works for the time being. I opted to wire it to the battery so I could turn it on by itself.

For $38 and an hour of time, I can't complain. I did find some brighter lights, but more expensive... Also found the opposite, I settled on this one for price and light output.

IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_8084.jpg

IMG_8091.jpg

IMG_8094.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

IMG_8115.jpg

IMG_8119.jpg

IMG_8121.jpg

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Best thing GM did on their trucks was that light on a cord and I missed that on everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread