7 second street car - 2014 Mustang GT - Hellion Twin turbo

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Had to dodge a little weather over the weekend but took a small 2 hour trip to Orlando to try and grab that coveted 7 second time slip.

Thanks to my friends at That Racing Channel for the video

[youtube_browser]6eIssbP1VKg[/youtube_browser]

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats Justin. We were there Sunday and saw your car run. The commit that i remember the most was made by a friend of mine that had a yellow Grandsport vet. He said " man that thing sounds pissed off" and I had to agree with him. You have a very fast car man!!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Huge congrats Justin!
If you don't mind, I'd like to know the race weight, boost and which powerglide converter company?
I'm about to swap my 427" Windsor/built 4r/AOD combo to Coyote/PG for True Street. Seems like Justin's car fits that class well too. Congrats to all involved!
-J
:beer:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Huge congrats Justin!
If you don't mind, I'd like to know the race weight, boost and which powerglide converter company?
I'm about to swap my 427" Windsor/built 4r/AOD combo to Coyote/PG for True Street. Seems like Justin's car fits that class well too. Congrats to all involved!
-J
:beer:

I'm not sure on the race weight. I would guess 35-36 based on my weight with the 6R80 and the glide being lighter. I also added weight with the extra cooler though so it's hard to say. Boost was right at 22psi. The transmission is a Transmission Specialties Proline 5000 and a TS converter. Everything was purchased through Eric@JPC as they obviously have a handle on these cars, especially when it comes to the powerglide swap.

Congrats Justin. We were there Sunday and saw your car run. The commit that i remember the most was made by a friend of mine that had a yellow Grandsport vet. He said " man that thing sounds pissed off" and I had to agree with him. You have a very fast car man!!

Thank you :)

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Lol, 173.25mph trapping street car. Bad ass for real man, sounds like you had the misses with you?
Driving 2 hours with the misses and getting 7.933 in the 1/4 mile. All in a days work! :rockon:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Lol, 173.25mph trapping street car. Bad ass for real man, sounds like you had the misses with you?
Driving 2 hours with the misses and getting 7.933 in the 1/4 mile. All in a days work! :rockon:

Yessir, she's always by my side and I'm very blessed to have her support me in the ways she does. She's instrumental in unloading the car, strapping me in, getting the car up on ramps, etc. She's my rock

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks man, I noticed some of those things watching the vid.
Shave the beard yet? ;-)
I kept my AOD for the same reasons you wanted the 6R, but it's hard to ignore the benefits of your combo for the performance.
How is the street and highway?
I won't see the highway often, but 30 miles will be regular for True Street and the local tracks/shows.
Looks like a MT 275 Pro tire, what rear gear?
I appreciate the info.
-J

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Glide? ****ing sellout!

LOL j/k. That's a badass ride man. Anything else planned for it?

Always :) This was only the 2nd trip to the dragstrip with the glide. Lots of headroom left on the current setup.

Thanks man, I noticed some of those things watching the vid.
Shave the beard yet? ;-)
I kept my AOD for the same reasons you wanted the 6R, but it's hard to ignore the benefits of your combo for the performance.
How is the street and highway?
I won't see the highway often, but 30 miles will be regular for True Street and the local tracks/shows.
Looks like a MT 275 Pro tire, what rear gear?
I appreciate the info.
-J

Highway is no problem. I drove it 66 miles round trip to work on Monday, the day after it went 7s. No issues at all. Trans never got above 150 degrees. Sure, the rpms are humming around 3200-3300 but it's a small sacrifice. 373 gear and ya, Mickey pros

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very cool, I may try same combo but weight will be closer to 3200# max with driver.
Thanks for info.
-J

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Always :) This was only the 2nd trip to the dragstrip with the glide. Lots of headroom left on the current setup.

Highway is no problem. I drove it 66 miles round trip to work on Monday, the day after it went 7s. No issues at all. Trans never got above 150 degrees. Sure, the rpms are humming around 3200-3300 but it's a small sacrifice. 373 gear and ya, Mickey pros

Can't wait to see how it progresses from here. The fact that you can actually drive it on the street is awesome, and impressive.

HandBanana

Established Member
Yessir, she's always by my side and I'm very blessed to have her support me in the ways she does. She's instrumental in unloading the car, strapping me in, getting the car up on ramps, etc. She's my rock

#lifegoals

Nice run, thing is a beast.

Users who are viewing this thread