7 Reasons We Age - Richard Heart

quad

Established Member
Interesting discussion between Ivan Tech and Richard Heart about aging - first 12 minutes. Any medical experts have any insight into the points Richard make?

Here are the 7 reasons he claims we age:

1. TOO MANY CELLS - REASON CANCER STARTS
2. TOO FEW CELLS - LOSING BRAIN CELLS
3. JUNK OUTSIDE CELLS - PLAQUE
4. JUNK INSIDE CELLS - SWELLING
5. AGEs - ADVANCED GLYCATION END PRODUCTS. THINGS THAT USED TO BE FLEXIBLE BECOME HARD. LOSE LUNG CAPACITY. LOSE HEART CAPACITY.
6. MUTATIONS IN MITOCHONDRIAL DNA
7. MUTATIONS IN NUCLEAR DNA

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
I'm not a doctor but I have taken several years worth of biology, anatomy, etc.

From what I remember, cancer comes from cell division where cells mutate, and rather than being destroyed (apoptosis), they survive, divide and mutate on their own, and continue with cell division in the same part of the body as if they were the original cell type that they mutated from.

The more cell division that takes place and/or cell division that is affected by outside factors (like radiation i.e. skin cancer from overexposure to the sun), the more likely and more frequently mutations can occur.

As for aging... I believe that other than genetic predisposition, we play a big part in how we age through diet, exercise, environmental exposure, etc. Essentially, are we providing the optimal environment and ingredients for our cells prior to cell division, or are our cells in a lesser or weakened state when they divide based on the garbage food and environment we give them. I.E. The better we treat our bodies (and cells), the better and/or more slowly we age.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not a doctor but I have taken several years worth of biology, anatomy, etc.

From what I remember, cancer comes from cell division where cells mutate, and rather than being destroyed (apoptosis), they survive, divide and mutate on their own, and continue with cell division in the same part of the body as if they were the original cell type that they mutated from.

The more cell division that takes place and/or cell division that is affected by outside factors (like radiation i.e. skin cancer from overexposure to the sun), the more likely and more frequently mutations can occur.

As for aging... I believe that other than genetic predisposition, we play a big part in how we age through diet, exercise, environmental exposure, etc. Essentially, are we providing the optimal environment and ingredients for our cells prior to cell division, or are our cells in a lesser or weakened state when they divide based on the garbage food and environment we give them. I.E. The better we treat our bodies (and cells), the better and/or more slowly we age.
Very good points!

quad

Established Member
Got to keep moving
Yes. But that's not going to make you live 200 years+. This guy Richard Heart is saying there's got to be a way to slow down / suspend the aging process beyond your biological limit.

And he says it is moronic that so little money is spent on trying to do that. Unless humans leave the Earth to colonize the rest of the galaxy and eventually the universe then living a long life does not make sense due to the finite and relatively small size of the Earth.

But if you could live thousands of years and visit numerous planets why not?! Not in our lifetime of course. If humans don't blow themselves up with nukes maybe that will happen one day.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Yes. But that's not going to make you live 200 years+. This guy Richard Heart is saying there's got to be a way to slow down / suspend the aging process beyond your biological limit.

And he says it is moronic that so little money is spent on trying to do that. Unless humans leave the Earth to colonize the rest of the galaxy and eventually the universe then living a long life does not make sense due to the finite and relatively small size of the Earth.

But if you could live thousands of years and visit numerous planets why not?! Not in our lifetime of course. If humans don't blow themselves up with nukes maybe that will happen one day.
You do that on your accent to Paradise, of course not in the physical scene like you are describing.

Machdup1

Established Member
**** living forever. I don’t want to watch this country hit rock bottom.

I like getting older, it entitles me to stand in judge of the youth of the nation. Let’s be honest, young folks today are pathetic and soft and are used to having a free lunch.

My fondest wish is that we have a depression, a world war, alien invasion or zombie apocalypse before I die so I can watch them finally grow up and become adults or die horribly, I’m good with either.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
He missed the biggest one of all: accumulative DNA/RNA reproduction error in new cells. The odds of being able to copy that much information, with 100% accuracy, over a ten year period are ... zero. The older you get, the more inaccurate the information becomes, the more the function of the cells, and the organs, tissues, etc they are made of, begins to decline.

It's a numbers game. And the more complex the organism is, the more chances for error in copying. We're going to age, even if everything we ate, even if our environment, were perfect. Just because of the numbers involved.

Cancer cells are no exception: they become cancerous because of what gets left out of them: all the safeguards on life-span of the cell, and limits against endless reproduction. In other words, they become more simple.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
People don’t like going to the doctor. The doctor almost never gives you good news, and when the doctor says you have to eat healthier, take this medication, lose weight, stop smoking, stop drinking so much, exercise more, etc.—people don’t listen.

I recently watched a video of a brawl outside of a browns football game—maybe everyone has seen it. 10-15 morbidly obese men, 30-50 year olds, swinging wildly, falling all over the place trying to kill each other but failing to land one single punch—and exhausting themselves after 30 seconds. Are we really evolving as a species, or devolving? As long as humans have the free will to make horrible health/life decisions, and we support them as a society, on the whole, we will not live longer lives. Things will plateau, and the overpopulation of the planet will limit its inhabitant’s life span

Users who are viewing this thread