7 dead, 12 injured in Fort Hood shooting

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
At lease seven people are dead and 12 wounded in a shooting at Fort Hood in Texas, the base's the public affairs office told NBC News on Thursday.

The official would not give his name nor additional details. It was unknown whether victims are soldiers or civilians. One gunman was reportedly in custody and another was on the loose, NBC News said.

The base was reportedly on lockdown.

This story is breaking news and will be updated with more details.
NBC: 7 dead, 12 injured in Fort Hood shooting  - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Don't know much else yet as it's just breaking

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
I'm following this right now. Sounds like it could be a terrorist attack..........

kind of a weak terrorist attack.

One of my best friends is at fort hood, will let yall know if he can slip me anything, hopefully everyone i know there is fine.

ScareCrow

Established Member
*Update*

It was unknown whether victims are soldiers or civilians. One gunman was reportedly in custody and another was on the loose, NBC News said. A third shooter may be involved, according to NBC News affiliate KCEN, which said the person had opened fire on the SWAT team at the base.

KCEN in Waco reported that the second suspect may be holed up in a building on the post. A congressman told MSNBC that a graduation ceremony may have been taking place at the time of the shooting.

The base was reportedly on lockdown. Two nearby school districts were also being locked down. FBI agents were reportedly on the way to the post.

Fort Hood is adjacent to Killeen, and 60 miles northeast of Austin. The sprawling complex is home to at least 4,929 active duty officers and 45,414 enlisted. Civilian employees total nearly 9,000.

Army spokesman Lt. Col. Lee M. Packnett said he was unaware if security measures were put in place at other military bases.

“At this point I do not know,” Packnett said.
NBC: 7 dead, 12 injured in Fort Hood shooting  - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I thought everyone in TX was armed? How is one guy loose?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
kind of a weak terrorist attack.

One of my best friends is at fort hood, will let yall know if he can slip me anything, hopefully everyone i know there is fine.

Maybe if you compare it to 9/11, but attacking us on one of our military bases, killing 7 and injuring 12 does a good job at terrorizing doesn't it?

ScareCrow

Established Member

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Maybe if you compare it to 9/11, but attacking us on one of our military bases, killing 7 and injuring 12 does a good job at terrorizing doesn't it?

Terrorism typically isn't defined as of a couple of guys snapping due to stress and shooting people. Time to take off that tin foil hat. :bash:

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Terrorism typically isn't defined as of a couple of guys snapping due to stress and shooting people. Time to take off that tin foil hat. :bash:

tin foil hat?!? Have we not been attacked before? The government stops numerous would be attacks every year. How do you know this was due to a couple soldiers snapping? I'm not ruling out that that could be what has happened but for you to rule out terror attack and then say I'm wearing a tin foil hat?!:nono:

Users who are viewing this thread