7.3L Godzilla twin turbo dyno

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thats like 900+hp to the wheels on a car dyno. Wonder if that was on 93 pump or E85? Thats nothing special for a big CI TT.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Damn... To those that are not impressed, I have no idea why not. This is an engine optimized currently for truck use. This engine in a more performance oriented configuration is an LS and Hemi killer IMHO. I still love the Coyote and its sweet 4V setup, but for old-school hotrodding, this may be the way to go.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I came close to springing for a super duty earlier this year. Decided to just enjoy my current truck a while longer without a payment. Barring some weird crap a Godzilla will be powering my next truck. It is a freakin beast

Bensin

Established Member
Thats like 900+hp to the wheels on a car dyno. Wonder if that was on 93 pump or E85? Thats nothing special for a big CI TT.
After the turbo's got installed we ran it on Sunoco 112 supreme, just as a extra safety tolerance.

From some of the answers under the video.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Not likely. Ford version of the other two is more accurate.

Other than cubes in this day and age, there is nothing magical about this engine.
In this day and age is there anything magical about any engine, lol? We've kind of plateaued. Eh, not enough power? Put a turbo or blower on it. Need more, go hybrid. Yawn, lol. That said, I ordered a PowerBoost F150, lol.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Damn... To those that are not impressed, I have no idea why not. This is an engine optimized currently for truck use. This engine in a more performance oriented configuration is an LS and Hemi killer IMHO. I still love the Coyote and its sweet 4V setup, but for old-school hotrodding, this may be the way to go.

I've been saying that for months! :)

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Have we really become so jaded that 1100hp out of a stock engine means nothing anymore? lol....I blame Chrysler and its damn Hellcat's.
But would be nice to see what it does with some head work and a turbo optimized cam.

DougNuts

'18 F150
Established Member
Have we really become so jaded that 1100hp out of a stock engine means nothing anymore? lol....I blame Chrysler and its damn Hellcat's.
But would be nice to see what it does with some head work and a turbo optimized cam.

I'm not that jaded, I think it's amazing. 1100hp with stock driveability, without spinning tons of RPM or making ridiculous amounts of boost. That's amazing.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

when you can make 1k+ and not spit its guts out, thats pretty bad ass (who knows how long it would hold up to that but still).

Users who are viewing this thread