7.3 Godzilla create engine

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Hmm, maybe I should consider this for my Bronco. I was planning on doing a Windsor based 427 which I still like that idea, but this engine might offer more in that it has so much more new tech and potential. Plus, seeing that 600hp is pretty easily attainable makes it perfect. Probably a little cheaper too, especially since I will likely be able to find a used one or can buy a crate at cost from Ford.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I wonder what @FORDSVTPARTS can get one for?

This is what I'm seeing for a complete replacement engine for a 2020 F250. These aren't the crate motor though. They have a different part number.

Screenshot_20200703-085353_Gallery.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
At cost you say? I would definitely take advantage of that.

Does that option extend to family, friends, and people you barely know on a car forum?

If I owned my own shop I would have no problem doing that for some people, but unfortunately I wouldn't be allowed to order them without some type of mark up added.

RunninHorse

Established Member
There's a control pack sold separately. You'd have to contact Ford for the price. It wasn't posted on their website the last time I looked.

For comparison, the Coyote control pack is $2k.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Doesn't seem to be the direction Ford wants to take the half-ton trucks.

That's because Ford has lost its way. If they want to find their way back to success they need to get back to what made them great. Throw a 7.3 Godzilla into an F150 as a performance model, like the new Lightning. Doesn't have to be an off-roader, make it the king of the street like the original Lightning was in the 90's.

Hell, throw it in the Bronco as the top motor choice, and definitely into a NA Mustang special addition.

Users who are viewing this thread