7 - 18 - 19 Mark your calendars

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
You think the 911 is a better car than the one that you know nothing about specs, price, etc? The least you can do is hate like the GT500 haters and wait until there are a few details out.

You mentioned the ZR1. I assumed you were comparing to the C7 ZR1. There won't be a C8 ZR1 for quite some time.

A $160k 911 Turbo is only 14% more expensive than a $140k C7 ZR1.

slow poke

Established Member
Seems to be some reading comprehension issues in this thread haha

He was comparing the C7 ZR1 to the 911 turbo as was I.

slow poke

Established Member
DEFINITELY a better car,......but 20k more will do that!!
20K is a lot of cake.

I think it's moving into the price point where people aren't stretching there last dollar to buy the car like may happen with say a base model vette. So 20k difference, while a lot, isn't having the same impact.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Don’t hold your breath for the latter to come back with a V10. I bet the viper comes back but I think many purists will be disappointed with the drivetrain simply due to cylinder count. Just my opinion

IMHO, the Viper is not being replaced. Dodge is getting black listed by the Italians. The Italians announced earlier this year that they were investing 4.5 billion in Jeep. They have already invested a couple billion in Ram. I have heard nothing about Chrysler or Dodge. I haven't seen a single black bagged, camo Dodge or Chrysler. Dodge is going away by 2025 - 2030. The Italians were rumored to have only wanted Jeep and Ram back in 2009. There will be no Viper replacement.

blk02edge

Established Member
Motor trend had the 2019 ZR1 at 11.2 in the quarter. Model S P100D at 10.5, tied with the 911 Turbo S.

Would I buy a Tesla over a ZR1? Obviously no!
Thats one aspect man, not what the corvette is about. The ZR1 runs mid 10s as well, probably capable of low 10s with a hero run.
For the money, nothing touches the overall performance of the c7 Zr1

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
IMHO, the Viper is not being replaced. Dodge is getting black listed by the Italians. The Italians announced earlier this year that they were investing 4.5 billion in Jeep. They have already invested a couple billion in Ram. I have heard nothing about Chrysler or Dodge. I haven't seen a single black bagged, camo Dodge or Chrysler. Dodge is going away by 2025 - 2030. The Italians were rumored to have only wanted Jeep and Ram back in 2009. There will be no Viper replacement.
That would be sad.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

slow poke

Established Member
Thats one aspect man, not what the corvette is about. The ZR1 runs mid 10s as well, probably capable of low 10s with a hero run.
For the money, nothing touches the overall performance of the c7 Zr1

The 911 turbo comes close enough, and it's speed is much more accesible too. Beyound that, the car itself is just a level above.

Besides that though, why is the ZR1 double the price of the Z06? It's really only marginally better. When they drop to like 80-90k they'll be a steal.

blk02edge

Established Member
The 911 turbo comes close enough, and it's speed is much more accesible too. Beyound that, the car itself is just a level above.

Besides that though, why is the ZR1 double the price of the Z06? It's really only marginally better. When they drop to like 80-90k they'll be a steal.
Honestly the GT3RS is a better comparison. The actual paid price difference is very much in favor of the ZR1. Don't get me wrong, Porsche flat out makes the best cars in the business but for what you get in the Z its performing in the realm of THE fastest street cars in the world and can be had for under 120k

Users who are viewing this thread