7:01 - The Story of Viper's Return to the Green Hell

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dodge should have never killed the Viper. What a classic motor car! That was one exciting video!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a such a bad taste with that record run.

Bernie Katz, the owner of Viper Exchange just recently passed away. He was the pillar of the run.

Russ Oasis, ran marketing, fundraising, etc. A few months ago, he sued one of my friends for using a picture from the ring attempt on his dealer website. My friend contributed $10,000 or so to the run, and had his name on the car. Tons of people shared the same image with no recourse.

Russ went after him, and they settled for just under $400,000. Ridiculous.

stvdman

Established Member

Bernie Katz, the owner of Viper Exchange just recently passed away. He was the pillar of the run.

Russ Oasis, ran marketing, fundraising, etc. A few months ago, he sued one of my friends for using a picture from the ring attempt on his dealer website. My friend contributed $10,000 or so to the run, and had his name on the car. Tons of people shared the same image with no recourse.

Talk about taking the enjoyment out of this kind of thing for all those involved. Sounds like petty greed.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I love my Gen 2 GTS, I'm so torn on whether or not I should trade up to a Gen 5 or just up the boost from 5 PSI to 10 PSI and throw some cams in my Gen 2.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love my Gen 2 GTS, I'm so torn on whether or not I should trade up to a Gen 5 or just up the boost from 5 PSI to 10 PSI and throw some cams in my Gen 2.

Stick with what you have and up the boost.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

WTF?!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Good watch.
Funny at the same time they were in Germany I was driving a new ACR at M1 Concourse in Michigan.
Will always be a great memory of a great car.
Wasn’t there rumors of a new Viper coming?
-J

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

wtf, what did your friend get for his 10k investment then? Just knowing he helped set the record? good lord...

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

What the ****.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
wtf, what did your friend get for his 10k investment then? Just knowing he helped set the record? good lord...

upload_2020-5-8_11-12-15.png

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
Great car but lousy sales as it was not uncommon to walk into a Dodge dealership and see a Viper 2 model years old sitting on the showroom floor I assume because of the pricing...Always wanted one but did not fit comfortly.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Bummer on the lawsuit stuff. People are $hit.

It is an very well done Youtube video and recommend streaming it to your TV and not a cell phone.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great car but lousy sales as it was not uncommon to walk into a Dodge dealership and see a Viper 2 model years old sitting on the showroom floor I assume because of the pricing...Always wanted one but did not fit comfortly.

Dodge never marketed the car. They made 30k in 25 years, so the marketing budget was all but $0. Price wise, they were always incredibly priced, until the 2013s and 2014s came out. For whatever reason, they started WAY too high. But were corrected shortly after.

What's your height, weight? In order to fit with a helmet, I had to lower the seat. But now, it's one of the most comfortable vehicles I've driven.

I am curious as to why in your opinion?

The Gen IIs are awesome. They're timeless. The Gen Vs have too much technology and such. The Gen IIs also are damn near bulletproof...while the Gen Vs have had their fair share of bearing issues.

I have a buddy that has a Gen II with a single turbo that puts down about 1000rwhp. Ridiculous car.

Users who are viewing this thread