6R80 Transbrake, No purchase necessary

04compgt

Established Member
Not to be a Debbie downer but for most that do not do the tuning themselves it will cost a lot of money to make this transbrake happen. For one calibration has to be done which will cost money unless kdanner is willing to retune everyone's car for free, second three of the relays they are using are expensive, third most people do not understand that raising the line pressure as they are doing to hold the car on the brake will eventually kill a thrust washer in an already weak design like the mod motor. This is a very common problem when going to a th400 with a transbrake. In my opinion Dustin's transbrake is a much better design since it is plug and play and no calibration needed. I have seen the transbrake first hand on Chris car and know they are also not raising line pressure to accomplish what they did. Either way I think its good they are offering a free solution but at the same time I think free will come with a price tag as well. Just my educated .02 that's all.

Last edited:

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Not to be a Debbie downer but for most that do not do the tuning themselves it will cost a lot of money to make this transbrake happen. For one calibration has to be done which will cost money unless kdanner is willing to retune everyone's car for free, second three of the relays they are using are expensive, third most people do not understand that raising the line pressure as they are doing to hold the car on the brake will eventually kill a thrust washer in an already weak design like the mod motor. This is a very common problem when going to a th400 with a transbrake. In my opinion Dustin's transbrake is a much better design since it is plug and play and no calibration needed. I have seen the transbrake first hand on Chris car and know they are also not raising line pressure to accomplish what they did. Either way I think its good they are offering a free solution but at the same time I think free will come with a price tag as well. Just my educated .02 that's all.
You are off track. $5 dollar relays. And its the same function the trans does in failsafe mode. (Per his description).
You have to have a tune for this?

Mine works fine with no tune....weird.

Hes offering it free. Yours is only released with a very expensive purchase of a Turbo kit that not everyone can afford. LOTS of mods require tuning, but now we are going to down this free one because of tuning??? Really??:nonono:

4VFTW

Established Member
In my opinion Dustin's transbrake is a much better design since it is plug and play and no calibration needed. I/QUOTE]you may be right and I would gladly pay Dustin for his brake, but he won't make it available by itself and I don't have 10k for a turbo kit.

Last edited:

sleek98

Established Member
I am guessing that Dustin doesn’t sell it by itself due to manufacturing constraints. If he puts it up by itself I could easily see 2-3k+ being sold the first month.

stangn

Established Member
Tuning and buying some relays ain't shit when you've got a built car already! Give me a ****ing break! I'm in with no complaints. Thanks man and love the video.

Users who are viewing this thread