6r80 tranmission acting weired after a track day

waelaburezeq

This is not a buy/sell post, but I couldn't find a place to ask for a help!

Folks,

I would need your advice on a situation that I am currently facing, and couldn't get a scientifc answer to my case to all visits I paid to local mechanics. I drive a 2015 Mustang GT, that was like a charm ! The car has only 120,000 KM with 6r80 automatic transmission. I went to a track day for the first time, and after that the transmission started to behave wiered when changing from 3rd to 4th gear <lagging, jerking and even car goes into limp mode> after the track. there are ZERO erros, scanned by Forscan and LUANCH on the whole car. I then re-installed the stock air filter and loaded the stock tune and did a KAM reset, expecting the car to go back to normal.

I drove it for 40 KM so far, but the problem seems to be still existing though it happens "intermittently" . Yes, I smelled something in the track day but not sure where was it coming from.

Could it be solenoid issue? is it the clutch? the tcm?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Its called fried clutches bro...... I've changed mine more than once from street use only and they are heavy duty race clutches.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
A smell and now it acts like it’s slipping certainly isn’t a good sign

I’d either find a local shop that’s got knowledge on that trans or call one of the places that offer built 6r80s and ask for pointers on diagnosing it

waelaburezeq

A smell and now it acts like it’s slipping certainly isn’t a good sign

I’d either find a local shop that’s got knowledge on that trans or call one of the places that offer built 6r80s and ask for pointers on diagnosing it
thank you for your prompt feedback. I went to two local shops, they couldn't advise before they open the gearbox!!

It would be great if you can recommend one of the places that offer 6r80 build or direct me to where I can find them

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
thank you for your prompt feedback. I went to two local shops, they couldn't advise before they open the gearbox!!

It would be great if you can recommend one of the places that offer 6r80 build or direct me to where I can find them

we specialize in the 6R 80. We carry all the billet parts in stock depending on the level of build we have six different stages available. We can ship parts to you for you to have someone locally build it to you or you can drive it or ship it to us to have us do it

Feel free to DM me or call me up with any questions. Terry “Beefcake” Reeves - 855-827-7223 - www.beefcakeracing.com #beefcakeracing #teambeefcake

waelaburezeq

we specialize in the 6R 80. We carry all the billet parts in stock depending on the level of build we have six different stages available. We can ship parts to you for you to have someone locally build it to you or you can drive it or ship it to us to have us do it

Feel free to DM me or call me up with any questions. Terry “Beefcake” Reeves - 855-827-7223 - www.beefcakeracing.com #beefcakeracing #teambeefcake
I am based in UAE, so shipping the parts is a good option. But first we need to accurately diagnose the issue, I can do data log, share any readings, etc . is that possible? can you WhatsApp? I will share my local number with you

OX1

Established Member
Clutches can "slip" and no codes are thrown? You would think it is calling for the next gear (or just being in whatever gear it wants), not getting it and RPM is higher than it should be, some code would come up.

waelaburezeq

Clutches can "slip" and no codes are thrown? You would think it is calling for the next gear (or just being in whatever gear it wants), not getting it and RPM is higher than it should be, some code would come up.
and it takes always longer (I can see a higher RPM, like the gear is stuck in 3rd shift), then it goes to 4th gear roughly (or slipping).

not sure if logging the data through Forscan would help!

waelaburezeq

can you DM your WhatsApp number please? for some reasons I am not able to DM you

Users who are viewing this thread