6lb. lower and 3.1 upper?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Lot of folks do/have run a 2.93/4lb combo with an unported blower. Lots of fun on the street with the insane torque..........Not a darn thing wrong with it, it'll just be a lot more effective with a ported blower.

IronTerp

The 2.93/4 lb combo will spin the Eaton at 19,078 rpm @ redline, while the 3.10/6 lb combo will spin it at 19,081.......A difference of .00015%. Boost levels are guestimated at 16.2 lbs with both of these two combos.

IronTerp

Well I guess but last I heard high IATs are bad for the engine. I think it's risky jamming the engine full of hot air for little hp return but that's just me.
Most all of the good tuners pull timing to varying degrees when IAT2's get to certain levels. The peak RWHP returns are actually minimal in many cases. It's the RWHP improvement under the curve and especially the massive torque improvements, which transfer well to street/track performance improvements.

Lot of very strong running, higher boosted Eaton Terminators running around before Steig really got the porting rolling. And I'm talking boost levels well above the 16 lbs that the 2.80/ 2 lb, 2.93/4 lb, and 3.10/6 lb will give you. We can't get too hung up on dyno graphs and internet truisms..........gotta get to the track and see em run. :beer:

mustangsvtblack

Established Member
sounds like you guys all have good points. The thing is my car rarely get driven and when it does its mainly normal driving. i just cant see spending 750 for a stage IV when im not going to be in the boost all the time, only occasionally and very brief at that. I already have a tune and the 6lber among other things.(CAI, bassani CB and o/r x) im making 450 rwhp and 452 rwtq. i just want more but dont want to spend unecessary money. What kind of numbers would i see without the port? im hoping for the torque more than anything. all info greatly appreciatied.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess I tend to err on the conservative side with these cars. Lots of people end up putting engines in Terms due to irresponsible mods, driving or tuning. I guess if you're looking to cheaply make more torque and power under the curve then adding an upper might be for you. I would be very careful about back to back runs however, heat will build up fast with the blower overdriven like that and I wouldn't bank on the comp pulling timing to save your motor.

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
My car had a 2.9/6 and a 3.1/6 combo for 20,000 miles. Compression was 180 on 5 and 175 on the other 3 cylinders when I sold it.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Where is Tony? Haha

Probably my favorite pulley combo for Eaton cars. Ported or not.

Users who are viewing this thread