68 450hp Camaro

89 Super Coupe

Established Member
Coming home from a car show on Sat. night I wanted to mess with my buddies dad's Camaro. So I didn't fill up the gas tank on the way too the show (got rid of some weight that way). The last time we raced he put about 4 car lengths on me but I was in fourth instead of third(cheating bastard waited to hear me shift into fourth and then he nailed it). Now I have the new pipes and swithched from my 3:55's to 3:08's. I was in thrid at 45mph and we both nailed it. We were sided by side all of the way up to 110, that was when I shifted into fourth, and then he slowly put 3/4 car length on me. But I was happy because my car weights 1100 pounds more than his and I only have a supercharged 6. All in all a fun night out.

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
Don't want to sound like a jackass but shouldn't switching from 3:55's to 3:08's slow your cars acceleration, hence making it more loppsided? Is that a typo?

89 Super Coupe

Established Member
3.55 vs 3.08

No typo. My car makes most of its power down low. The 3.55's had me in higher RPM's too much, and I had to shift to often. 1st 15 mph, 2nd 40mph, 3rd 65mph, 4th 95mph, 5th 130mph. With the 3.08's it is 1st 35mph, 2nd 60mph, 3rd 110mph, 4th 140mph, 5th 182mph. I have fifth to 4900 Rpms with more pull left, but I got a little scarrrrrrrrrred at 159 on the interstate.

When I had the 3.55's I raced my buddies SC that had the stock 2.73's in it and I pulled a car length in first but as I was shifting from 1st to 2nd he went right passed me still in first gear. The 3.08's seem to be the perfect combo for the Super Coupe. I can run a tall gear like this because the tranny ratio is steep.
1st(3.75), 2nd(2.32), 3rd(1.43), 4th(1.00), 5th(.75).

wheelspin

Established Member
Fat brakes are worthless when the ij-it pulls into your lane at 1/3 your speed to "teach you a lesson" and slow you down.

89 Super Coupe

Established Member
Good Thinking.

Good thinking. So do you think I should get a parachute or something help out. LOL.. Don't worry that was the first and last time I do that with traffic on the road.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by wheelspin
Fat brakes are worthless when the ij-it pulls into your lane at 1/3 your speed to "teach you a lesson" and slow you down.

Yeah had that problem a couple weekes ago when I was racing a camaro on the interstate............. People kept pullying in front of me as I was plowing down the road at 131............. I broke a motor mount and warped a rotor from that............... :( But I killed the camaro........... with a 9c1 :) (caprice classic)

Users who are viewing this thread