`

oneboredguy

Established Member
Hey guys, I posted on Moddedmustangs with my issue but theyre all kinda stumped like I am so I thought I would give here a try. I did an SRA swap to my car. The rearend came out of another 99 cobra that did the swap. The rearend has an E locker and stuff. Only thing I have done to it is I had the axle tubes welded. The wheels turn easy by hand but then when driving at low speeds feels like it fights itself and at high speeds vibrates pretty bad. I got the driveshaft balanced with no change. My next check is will be me pulling the cover and checking bearings and things. I dont really understand what the problem could be. Also the car has traction control tuned off. with IRS the light on the button was alwas on signifying that it was off. That light is no longer on and never comes on when the button is pushed. Is there a traction control sensor or something?

SPoole

Established Member
Possibly wheel bearings, when you free spin the wheels you would have the weight off, and when driving the weight is on.
As far as traction control, I believe it uses the sensor in the diff.

oneboredguy

Established Member
it vibrates when its on jackstands too. if you stick it in 4th and get to about 40 mph you can feel a vibration too. I checked pinion angle its -4*. Im out of ideas

SPoole

Established Member
Could still be wheel bearings. If they are bad they could be easy to turn, but chatter when spun fast enough.

oneboredguy

Established Member
If it was an axle the tire would have a wobble to it. Axle tube isnt warped or anything. I popped the cover off and the fluid was silver with sparkles in it. The ring gear looked to have a good wear pattern so this weekend i will tear into it and see what I find. I am hoping it is just a bearing.

oneboredguy

Established Member
Possibly wheel bearings, when you free spin the wheels you would have the weight off, and when driving the weight is on.
As far as traction control, I believe it uses the sensor in the diff.

can you be more specific? I have some wires coming from the diff with a plug in....i see nothing to plug it into around the girdle? Do i have to run wires to a ground and 12v source to a switch or what?

Users who are viewing this thread