$6600 grudge match with hilarious staging war TT 5.0 vs Supra

95PGTTech

Established Member
The guy that stages last dictates when the tree comes down, some people will wait and then just bounce in and catch the other one off guard.

Or let the other one stand there double bulbed building boost and burning the trans down...

mr2cam

Established Member
Or let the other one stand there double bulbed building boost and burning the trans down...

If one guy is double bulbed and the other is pre-staged at most tracks you have 7 seconds to bump into the stage otherwise your light goes red.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
If one guy is double bulbed and the other is pre-staged at most tracks you have 7 seconds to bump into the stage otherwise your light goes red.

Correct. Courtesy staging was in effect so after a total of 3 lights were lit, you only have 7 seconds to completely stage or you red light and lose.

oldmodman

Established Member
I was running the lights at the old Irwindale on a Wednesday night and two jerks were doing the prestage dance screwing with each other. And not for the first time.

And they had been warned several times that the tree would go down whether they were ready or not. So on the second time that one of them backed out just as the other guy light both lights I sent them.

Mr moron still had his car in reverse. He was pretty pissed off since he had 50 bucks on the outcome. BOTH he and the other guy were banned from the track. Forever. The track owner didn't put up with any shit.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Am I the only one who wants to know what it ran?

Nice work on the tree Juiced!!! Great kill

byeofcr

Established Member
So its general douchebaggery to do this.. Gotcha.

I remember watching the funny cars on espn and john force ran up and chewed someone out for doin that on the line

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was a good battle. That TT 5.0 launched like a bullet. Nice win!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
So its general douchebaggery to do this.. Gotcha.

I remember watching the funny cars on espn and john force ran up and chewed someone out for doin that on the line

Staging games is a part of grudge racing. It's just the nature of the beast and I was ready for it. With $6600 on the line, everyone tries to do everything they can to gain a leg up. "Don't hate the playa, hate the game"

Am I the only one who wants to know what it ran?

Nice work on the tree Juiced!!! Great kill

It ran N/T ;)

That was a good battle. That TT 5.0 launched like a bullet. Nice win!

Thanks Bob

byeofcr

Established Member
hey 6600 on the line alls fair.. Just never knew what it was all about.. Guess what im askin is, who decides when to stage? Is it just "**** it, its been long enough" kinda thing? Someones gotta make the first move..Good win btw

Last edited by a moderator:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
hey 6600 on the line alls fair.. Just never knew what it was all about.. Guess what im askin is, who decides when to stage? Is it just "**** it, its been long enough" kinda thing? Someones gotta make the first move..Good win btw

Well I knew he wanted to stage 2nd so I was expecting him to stall on the staging. What you don't see in the video is us waiting in the waterbox for someone to do their burnout first. That was another 1-1.5 minutes of games before we actually got up to the line.

Like someone said, with big money on the line, all's fair. Red light loses and that's all that matters.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
**** the haters! get money, **** bitches!!!! lol

but in all seriousness, good race man. awesome launch, and good win!!! always nice to see a mustang stompin that ass. haha

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I would have been nervous as Hell! With all the $$$ on the line and all those people watching and side bets and whatnot.

And with a Pro Tree, you really have to be ready to go as soon as they flip the switch!

Awesome win brother!

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Before the staging games i thought the joke was going to be a 13 sec stock supra racing a fast 5.0. That ****ing supra had me fooled. Talk about a sleeper.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Congrats again Justin. Are you going to run TS at NMRA this year, or another class?

I haven't decided yet Justin--I can't run N/T at NMRA so I'd have to either sandbag or spectate. LOL We'll see. I'll be there regardless

I would have been nervous as Hell! With all the $$$ on the line and all those people watching and side bets and whatnot.

And with a Pro Tree, you really have to be ready to go as soon as they flip the switch!

Awesome win brother!

Thanks buddy, appreciate it

Before the staging games i thought the joke was going to be a 13 sec stock supra racing a fast 5.0. That ****ing supra had me fooled. Talk about a sleeper.

It's one of the quickest/fastest supras in the state and very consistent at that. It's a nasty car.

Users who are viewing this thread