65mm TB??

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
folks, i was looking into upgrading my TB to the 65mm TB, i guess it allows more air into the engine and therefore better throttle response. However, the stock svt TB is 66mm ????... if anything, the 65mm one should decrease throttle response???

anyone clear this up for me

thanks a lot

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Rob_eaton said:
folks, i was looking into upgrading my TB to the 65mm TB, i guess it allows more air into the engine and therefore better throttle response. However, the stock svt TB is 66mm ????... if anything, the 65mm one should decrease throttle response???

anyone clear this up for me

thanks a lot
I'm having a brain fart here, so bare with me. But I think the stock TB is a 64mm if I remember right??? Anyways, the performance/aftermarket TB's are enginereed different;y, with much better throttle responce, also, imo, not really worth the bang for the buck unles your modded up, just more of a creature comfort mod if you ask me.

HTPerformance

You have to measure the ID of the TB. The stock SVT is ~62-63mm internal diameter. Stepping up to a 65mm or 67mm TB will provide added low end torque (as noticed thru better throttle response).

I run a CNC'd 67mm TB on mine.

Rob_eaton

Co$w0rtHy
Established Member
ohh got ya... i was wondering because i still have the actual sales brochure and i was reading it and there it was 66mm TB and thats when i started scratching my head lol

Users who are viewing this thread